Monday, September 17, 2012

Some visitors and fun activities

Last week dad and Uncle Brian stopped by at to hang out for a day before they headed to Meeker for hunting.  They got in Wednesday evening and we had homemade pizza's and chatted before bed.  Then on Thursday we left the house around 9:30am and headed to eleven mile to go fishing.  Here is a pic of the guys getting ready. 

 Of course I had a little monster hanging on to my leg the whole time.  I LOVE it! ;)
 While the guys fished, River and I had a little picnic and played up on the bank.
 It really was a gorgeous area and was also very relaxing!
 On the way home we stopped at Hu Hot which is now a wonderful inside joke..."how hot?".... The food was great (as always) and we had a good time visiting.

Then we came home and River got to play with his grandaddy for a little while.  I just love these precious moments and wish that there were more.  I really want my parents to be a large influence in his life and, being 2,000 miles away, is something that we will have to work at!
 Story time with Grandaddy.  River sat and listened to three stories and still wanted more! River does NOT like to with people he is not around every day and it did take a full day for him to finally warm up to dad. Once he did, it was wonderful!
 Then on Friday morning around 8am, the guys left to finish the trek to Meeker!  Here's hoping one of them gets a big one this year!!  

In college I had a really close group of girl friends and I miss them all dearly!  On Saturday one of the girls got married and she lives in Denver.  Liz, who was my 5th year college roommate, came to stay with me in COS and we drove up to the wedding on Saturday.  I won't go into details, but let's just say it was an "adventure".  Liz and I have so much in common and our friendship is just one of those that is easy.  We can always just pick up right where we left off!  The night she arrived we stayed up until after 1am just talking.
 Here's the bride, Nikki!  It was SOOO wonderful to be with these and it made me really miss my college and theater days!
 That evening we came home, put River down for a MUCH needed nap and then went to dinner.  We took Liz to The Loop and was able to walk around and show her Manitou Springs before dinner.  I'm pretty sure that with the drives up and back to Denver, the airport, dinner and church there was not ONE quiet moment.  We talked non-stop and I'm pretty sure we could've done that for another three or four days!


Today was a pretty laid back, lazy day.  River took a three hour nap and is down for ANOTHER nap.  I've been doing laundry all day, as I was really behind. I've also been catching up on internet/email stuff.   I felt bad for not "playing" with my little one so when he woke up, I decided to do a pinterest project.  You put the finger paint in a ziplock baggie and tape it down to a sheet of paper. That way they can "paint" without getting dirty.  This is GREAT for River b/c he doesn't like the feeling of paint on his finger.




 Then we used spoons as out paint brushes.

Now for probably the most exciting news.... RIVER IS WALKING!!!!!!!!!!  he's not walking very well, but he is walking!  I feel so much better about his development now.  I know that he is still behind, but he's walking.  he'll stand up on his own and just take off. He usually falls down after six or seven steps but we're getting there.  However, today while standing he let out a painful, hurt cry and started rubbing his right leg (upper leg/ hip).  I couldn't figure out what was wrong, he was crying like he was hurt and saying "all done, all done, all done".  I ripped off his pants thinking he was bit by something or the diaper was pinching him but I couldn't find anything. I thought it was just a one time thing but he's done it twice since then.  His cry is so sad and he is really in pain that if it continues I think we'll have to take a trip to his ped.  I'll keep you posted.

BUT... did I mention that HE'S WALKING?!?!?!? ;)

Until next time!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh I miss that boy! Thanks for the update! I enjoyed it. And my poor nephew with his all done all done. Makes my heart hurt reading about it.