Ugh, today was one of those days. For some reason, River has had ONE volume level today and that is, extremely loud! I have never heard him yell or scream so much. Most of the time, he's not upset, but just yelling. My head hurts.
Then I planned to take a dinner to a new mom whose little girl I'll be watching in just a couple weeks. Luckily, all of the cooking went according to plan and I didn't even have to go to the grocery story (unheard of!). I made Quick Rolls (AMAZING), steamed broccoli, parmesan chicken, and oatmeal raisin cookies. The food all went according to plan, however I did start cooking around 3 so I could get it to them before dinner. I loaded up the child (which is more work than just putting him in the carseat), made the food "to-go" and got into the car.... which didn't start. I found the neighbor who pushed the car out of the garage and jumped the car.
I got to the new parents house, met the little cutie, and dropped off the food. Went back to the car and it didn't start. So i had to ask the new dad to come out and push my car back so he could jump it with his car. It didn't work, we ended up melting the cables. and YES, I put them on correctly. I left the car, pulled out the stroller and walked home. Luckily it was only 15 min.
When Todd finally got off work we went back and he jumped the car successfully. So now, I'm tired and my head hurts.....
So onto something way more fun!
OCEAN PLAY
Yesterday we made an sensory bag. This is great for babies and will keep them entertained for a while! It's also fun for them to help make it. The idea came from pinterest again, but I modified it a little.
Here are the things you'll need. I got all of these things at the Dollar Tree and I will use most of these things for other sensory projects as well.
Here is he is helping me fill the bag, he was REALLY excited about this part.
Play time! Notice that I put duct tape all around the edges. This makes it a little more durable for little hands. While this bag did provide several minutes of entertainment, he has been carrying around one of the blue marbles for two days now. Luckily, it hasn't come close to his mouth, but I still keep a close watch when he has it in his hands (which is most of his waking moments).
I love the last picture where he's saying, "WOW!!". Ok, he's screaming it.Of course, the great things about this project are obvious so I'll just tell you a few of the negatives.
1. I had to use TWO bottles of hair gel. Ehh, not a huge deal, but each bottle was $1 and I really wanted to have a more inexpensive toy. I thought that one bottle would get me TWO bags. I think I'll use the smaller ziplock baggies next time.
2. Too much food coloring. It actually looked better with no food coloring. The blue marbles and the glitter made it look like water but after I added the food coloring it looked more like outter space..... hummm, another idea?!?! I think so!
Today's sensory activity was SO EASY and he is STILL playing with it (it's 8:55pm). It was a HUGE hit. Come on back soon to see what it is. :)




3 comments:
I'm definitely going to have to do this...I've seen the ones they make w/ water bottles and have wanted to, but this looks really neat...I think Hunter will like it too. I also want to try the one where you use the rice and put a lot of objects for them to find. this is more for the older kids, but I want to try it.
So cute! Love what you are doing with your blog! I think alot of others will as well=)
I saw this on Pinterest, too! Looks pretty neat.
Post a Comment