Monday, August 27, 2012

16 (ish) months and an Anniversary trip

Again, I'll apologize for the lack of posting.  I really want to remember these times so I need to do this more often.  I have been BUSY with photography, watching babies and being a wife and momma.  

Our 2nd anniversary was July 8th and the only free weekend could find to celebrate was a month later in August.  It worked for us.  We went to Eagle Colorado, where we did MANY things, but didn't get many pictures.  Here are just a few from the trip.  

It was so nice to be near a larger river.  I just wanted to sit and smell that beautiful smell of water! We did two hikes this day, one was pretty small and the other was very difficult and long. 


 Isn't Colorado BEAUTIFUL!?!?!?
 WOW!
 This was in the second hike.  It was very difficult, we were amazed at the people that were on this hike, and how difficult it was for us.  Todd carried River on his back the whole way!

Here we took a water break.

 We're almost to the top!
 And this was the destination.  I have more pictures, but they are on my broken phone. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get them. :(
We stayed in a fairly nice hotel which was a family suit. It had an entire other room and bathroom upstairs that slept four more!  We also went to eat a VERY good restaurant where they made a wonderful mistake with my meal!  I ordered the 8oz sirloin and for some reason they brought me a filet mignon. It was AMAZING. I didn't know it until they bill came and they charged us for it, but they changed the bill. :)

Well, River will be 17months in two days. He is still not walking :(  this officially puts him as a "late walker".  We are trying and working so hard, but his right leg just doesn't seem as strong as his left.  We're going to physical therapy once a week and the good news is that they are planning to decrees it to once a month.  When he started PT, at 10 months, he wasn't crawling, rolling, or pulling up at all. So he HAS made quite a bit of progress. But we need to get him walking.  In order to do that it seems like we will need some kind of brace or insert for his right leg/foot.  We hope this works, but are a little concerned about finances as I have had to get new insurance since I quit my job and the new insurance won't cover it at all b/c it's "pre-exhisting".  Frustrating, yes, but we'll do what we have to.

The amazing part of his development is his speech both receptive and expressive.  He understand so much and seems to listen intently to what we are saying.  He also signs and speaks at the same time.
I've mentioned a few of his words in a previous post.... but here are some more:  (with some other milestones I want to remember)


fishy: sishy (we'll work on that /f/)
book: kapkey (I know, weird. But every time he gets a book he brings it to me saying this over and over)
diaper: diap diap
more:  maw maw
owl: owwwwl
socks: socs
baby: be be
Yum: num num
shoes: soos
bread: brea
My favorite is "HI" in the cutest voice ever

He's putting two-three words together.  I love it!  He also puts signs with what he wants: if he wants a toy he'll say "tus" and then sign please.

He makes the sound of a:
puppy
elk
kitty

He LOVES to pinch people's noses. I took him to a photo shoot yesterday and he kept crawling up to the baby, pinching her nose and saying "noa, noa"

Singing in the car is wonderful. He sings the "EIEIO" part of Old McDonald and let's his little light shine when we sing "This little light of mine"

He's great a blowing his nose (to pretend and for real sometimes)

He sniffs to "smell" any flower, bush, tree or blade of grass.







Wow, sorry this was so long!  

Now, back to editing the hundreds of photos I need to get done this week!

5 comments:

Megan said...

He is such a cutie. Loved your pics! Colorado IS beautiful!

Carol Jones said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures of Colorado and your sweet boy!

Aunt Becky said...

Precious, precious baby boy!!!! I hope the brace works for him! Love the pictures.

Mom said...

Beautiful pictures of Colorado. Looks like you guys had a really wonderful 2 year anniversary. I loved those baby pics too. Love, love my sweet River. And oh, btw, thanks so much for the CD of pictures. I don't think I have given Megan theirs yet. I keep forgetting.

Deborah said...

Don't ever apologize for a "long post"! I read every little detail!!

That first picture of River hugging the teddy bear is, quite possibly, one of the cutest pictures I have ever seen. Looks like it should be in a magazine!

Glad you guys had a good anniversary celebration. Colorado is so beautiful. I'm ready to go back!