Thursday, October 07, 2010

My brother and a "beer gut"

I know, interesting title to this post, huh? :)

Well about a week ago it was my dad's annual Colorado hunting trip.  I have decided that him coming out here year after year is a LARGE reason why I moved out here to Colorado.... but that's a whole different story that I'll hopefully remember to explain later.  Anyway, this year my dad took my brother as a graduation gift from Harding's Marriage and Family Therapy program (way to go bro)!
Well there were some typical flight delays so instead of Zach making it COS a day before he made it to Denver LATE a night. We thought dad was going to be in Denver that next morning to pick Zach up, and Zach got a free hotel so he just decided to stay there in Denver.  Things didn't go as planned with dad (and his buddy Rob) and they had some tire issues on the trailer so they weren't going to be able to make it to Denver until later that night.  So, since it was a Saturday I went to Denver to meet Zach.

We had a really good time exploring Denver and deciding that we'd rather not ever explore Denver again! :)  We saw many strange things in downtown Denver, and found an Octoberfest down one street. We listened to some celtic music, and got a huge cinnamon/sugar pretzel to share.  Then we went to a book store to relax a little and met dad at Rob at Bass Pro around 8PM.
They were all packed up and ready to go! Three four wheelers and all their hunting gear ready for a relaxing week in the rocky mountains. 

 (enter in some great hunting stories and a week of school for me)

 On the way back through I picked Zach up in Denver and we had the rest of the day and the next morning to hang out.  We went to the biggest antique store ever and searched all over for a locket for Cassandra. :)  Then we came back home for the WV game.  The boys watched that, cooked themselves some extremely fattening food while I spent 4 hrs failing a test (no really, I failed.... bummer).  Sunday we went to church then had to take Zach to the air port. It was so cool to get to spend time with the hunters on this side of it all. I still will never know what happens in that cabin in Meeker (I'm pretty sure I don't want to or shouldn't know),  but it was nice to be able to provide a place to stay, help with travels and see two of my favorite boys!



So now the part you've been waiting for... the "beer gut".  at least that's what I FEEL like it is.  I feel like I don't look pregnant, but look like I have a beer gut.  I'm having a real problem with eating everything in sight these days, but I guess it's alright.  I'm a little self conscious about my belly right now. and I didn't plan on posting this picture b/c it's a little too much skin.... but we're all family. :)

These are my first maternity pants as my other ones make my belly hurt.  Notice the look of sheer "joy" in my face as I look at my baby gut (note the sarcasm in that statement).  I'm ready for it to round out so I look pregnant! :)

3 comments:

Megan said...

I didn't know you got to spend so much time with them! Your pictures are great. I need a better camera....any suggestions?=)
You are a beautiful preggo lady. It will round out. Just keep eating=). Drink a milkshake. Enjoy this freedom.

Nicole B. Leasure-Guthridge said...

Everyone feels that way early in your pregnancy. I did and so didn't my friend Allison who is really small like you and usually eats really well and works out. so when she started getting a tummy she didn't know how to act. My advice, hold your stomach like you're pregnant (cause you are!!) and people will realize. And if they don't...who cares what they think...if they really know you then they'll know you're a beautiful pregnant woman!

Stefanie said...

Glad you had a good time visiting with your dad and Zach. And you definitely don't look like you have a beer gut. :)