Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Mozart String Project

Last week, I invited a group from the Colorado Children's Symphony to come in and give a presentation on Strings. It was amazing!  While they did some promoting for their strings lessons, it was mainly educational.  I thought I'd share a few pictures of the event. 

This is Mrs. Barton our School principal playing the String Bass.
 The kidos loved watching her play and after she got the hang our her "part" the other violinist came in with a second "fiddle" part. It was lots of fun!
 All of the students were able to try all of the instruments!
 To me this is just an wonderful site in the music classroom! It doesn't get much better than this!
 Of course the string bass was bigger than most of the kids.  This was actually one of bigger kids. I wish I would've gotten a picture of the smallest kid playing this. It was pretty cute!
The results of this presentation was great! There were over 20 students who signed up for private lessons and we even had a TEACHER sign up for cello lessons.   I love watching my students love and appreciate music. And I'm getting cello lessons set up for our little one asap! :)

4 comments:

Aunt Donna said...

I have the cutest picture of Jonathan in the 4th grade playing the upright string bass. It's great! Just don't ask me to find it and send it to you because it's in "a box" "somewhere" in our storage room. Granted, the box is labeled "photos" but couldn't put my hands on it quickly if my life depended on it. Keep up the good work, Tiff, and keep exposing these kids to beautiful music!

Stefanie said...

This is so great. I think pitch or no pitch, it's so important for kids to see the things they can do with music as they get older. I love seeing those little faces so excited to be touching a string instrument. Good for you!

Deborah said...

This is awesome!! My kids have always been fascinated with big instruments and the different sounds they make. Isn't it funny how some people just assume that kids won't be interested in "boring" stuff like that?

Good for you for exposing those kiddos to some culture!!

Megan said...

Love this! So fun! I know Kole would have so much fun in a class like this. I would have been that parent who signed their kid up!!