The latest Dr's appointment was SUPPOSED to be the "boring appointment" according to Todd's, "What to expect when she's expanding" book. And it would've been if he hadn't of shown up to surprise me! I was supposed to go by myself b/c Todd couldn't get off work but he came and surprised me. Everything looked good (except I gained 9lbs in one month). And the doctor sounds VERY hopfully that the next tests will have a very positive outcome.
We were asking our list of questions; are hot tubs ok at 98degrees (yes), am I gaining too much weight (ummm, yes), cord blood banking (if you wanna), child brith classes (wait a few more weeks), back aching (here are some exercises).... and THEN Todd was brave, he asked it..... He said, "Well, I've read that you can tell the gender at 17 weeks. is that true". Dr. "yes, that is true. and you'll be able to find that out at your next ultra sound on the 10th" (the answer I was expecting) Todd didn't stop, "Is there any way we could find out today".... to my complete shock the dr said, "Well, i'm a little behind, but I'll see if the ultrasound room is open and I'll just go ahead and do it for you."
At this point I turned about five shades of red with excitment. My heart was racing and my neck/chest was all blotchy! I was NOT expecting this!!
We went over to the room, got all set up and the doctor came in and looked for [what I felt was] a long time. Several times he saw "girl" (I saw it too) but there was one time he THOUGHT boy but then realized it was the chord. By the end of the surprise of the ultrasound we had two more pictures a "very active baby" and and an 80% sure it's a
Girl!!!!!
We went out to dinner and celebrated. :) Looks like we'll be having a little girl! Yes, we've picked out a name (for now); Evelyn Rose Basnett. I've loved the name Evelyn ever since I can remember, it is my all time favorite name.
I haven't anyone here at work yet b/c I want to bring in a white iced cake with pink cake and I think I should probably wait until we're 100% girl. :) I'm not sure I can wait that long.
We've already gone shopping (and ironically we only bought books) And according to mom she already bought a "pink softie outifit" and it was not for herself!!!
Shopping is going to be so much fun!
9 comments:
We love little baby girls....but I think we also love little baby boys too. So excited that you were able to find out this soon. Stay healthy!
yes, we do love little boys... and if that 20% is correct.... we'll be THRILLED.... again! :)
I am so excited for you!! Girls are lots and lots of fun! Not that boys aren't - it's just a different kind of fun. Glad everything looks good! - Tami
That is such exciting news! I remember when we first found out we were having a girl. I cried tears of joy (and would have if it had been a boy too). I LOVED being pregnant and it seems like you're enjoying it so much too. Again, congratulations to you both!
P.S I'm just now getting our little girl down and hope to get some sleep before she wakes up in a couple of hours. I enjoy even this time with her. :)
So exciting!! Get ready for the drama.... ;)
I like the name, too! I am excited for you and Todd. What a nice surprise to find out early. A very accomodating doctor...........and a very brave husband to ask!
How exciting!! That makes 2 great-nieces and 1 great-nephew for me during the first few months of 2011! Thrilled for you!!
Congrats, Tiffany! So glad you are excited and that you are feeling better about your origianl lab tests.
YAY! So you'll know 100 percent Nov. 10? Ah, the wait!!
Post a Comment