Here are some highlights from the weekend.... first Todd jumped out of a plane and loved it! :) I got him a gift certificate for Christmas and we FINALLY used it.
This is when I said, "Show me how excited you are!"
After we he jumped we went and got breakfast (yes, it was still that early) and then we went to the Pueblo Mall for a little while. Neither of us had ever explored Pueblo so we decided it was a good time since we were close. After the Mall we went to the Pueblo Reservoir and it was extremely HOT... but we both decided we need a boat! :) We BOTH miss the water.
After the reservoir we went to the state fair! We ate fair food, visited the fair booths, and watched the lumber-jack competition.
Of course, after that I ended up at home in the evening with a sore throat.... I did not sleep well at all. In the middle of the night my throat hurt so badly I was sure I had strep. When I woke up for church I realized I just didn't feel up to going.... (which NEVER happens). I slept in then got up and got some hot tea and started feeling a little better. Then what did I do? stayed home and rested all day... YEAH RIGHT, not on a holiday weekend!!! We went to the outlets. We headed back around 5:30 to make it to church services only to arrive at church and realize that it stated at 5... what?!?! we totally forgot that they changed the time to have a grill out after church.
So that brings us up to today. I slept better last night, but still have a little bit of a sore throat and congestion. Todd slept into today, and then we headed out on an off roadin' trail in the Jeep. We both love doing this together. We took Bohdi as well.
This was the easiest part of the trail so we decided to stop for a few.
Then we let Bohdi out for a run and of course, he found the water and was in Labrador heaven! :)
The whole trail took us about 3hrs. It was lots of fun!
After that fun-filled weekend, I'm laying here on the couch completely congested, eyes are red, watering and burning, and my throat is on fire..... BUT it was all worth it!
Back to work tomorrow. Luckily tomorrow is a professional development day so, no kidos which means I maybe able to actually sit and rest most of the day!
Hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day and have a great week! :)
Love, Love!
1 comment:
Wow, you two did a TON over the holiday weekend! I can't believe Todd did all of that in one day! So, I guess you would both say that sky diving is totally worth it? I guess I need to do it at some point...
Post a Comment