Monday, September 13, 2010

SURPRISE!

Basnett Baby is on its way!!!  It surprised us too! We thought it would take a couple months but looks like this little on wanted to "stick" around since July 8th.... that's right our wedding day!! :) we are technically 10 weeks along, but medically 12 weeks, because of how they count the weeks.  

While it's a couple months earlier than we "planned" we are THRILLED. As someone said at church yesterday, "Todd is glowing"!! (I thought I was supposed to glow!)  I'm more green all the time with nausea.  Of course, I feel like I've been ready to be a mamma since I was 16, so I'm just beside myself with excitement!

Our first appointment was at 7 weeks and 4 days, and our next appointment is next Tues. It was supposed to be tomorrow, but the tech cancelled. :(  We were able to see the little bean at the first appointment and we also saw the heart beat.  Of course, it was amazing!

I've been waiting two months to show you these pictures so enjoy! :) 


So the story behind this one is great!  I found out I was pregnant in the morning, and I had already planned on meeting Todd for lunch. I knew I couldn't keep it a secret until dinner, so I bought a bib that says, "I Love Daddy" and took a picture of the two pregnancy tests I took earlier.  When he sat down with his food, I sent him a txt message with a picture of the two positive tests and of course, I had my phone ready to take a picture of his reaction..... it couldn't have been better!  He was shocked!! But also VERY excited! :) He's gonna be such a good daddy!!
I know, it's probably not proper ediquite to post a picture of the sticks you pee on..... but I've waited years to do this, so here ya go! There are two b/c the first one, the line was a little more faint than the control line so I wanted to make sure. :)  
And these are the cookies I sent to mom and dad at school! (you may need to click on the picture to read the cookies). It was such a fun day. I waited till 9 weeks to tell them and it was torture! 

I know, I look huge in the last one. I think that was an extremely "bloated" day.  Amazingly, I'm still wearing size 4 pants (barely), but I have a feeling I'll have to do something differently with my clothes in the next couple weeks!



And here's the little bean at 7 weeks, this is when it was the size of a blueberry.... now it's the size of a peach! :)

I just told my principal today and it went very well. I plan on telling the rest of staff on Thursday.  I can't decide on if I should make it facebook official yet. I kinda of want to see the baby moving and a heart beat again next Tues before I do.... we'll see if I can wait that long! :)  

9 comments:

Hannah C. said...

ahhh ! yayaya ! this is so exciting. i'm so happy for you guys :) i'll definitely be praying for you and todd as well as the little one :) I love and miss you !

Deborah said...

This is so sweet! I am truly happy for you and Todd. God is good.

Aunt Donna said...

Oh, how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know you are both thrilled. We'll be praying for you as you go through this pregnancy! Can't wait to see whether this little "peach" is a boy or girl peach!! :) Congratulations. Oh, and now you can officially be hormonal with Kimberly and Rachel. ;)

Rachel said...

Woo hoo! I love the cookies--cute idea! Can't wait to see more pictures as baby gets bigger! :)

Kim Hodges said...

YEA!!! But you talking about being big really makes me feel insecure, and with these hormones, I just don't think I can handle that! ;)

Elizabeth said...

Oh, wow!! Congratulations, Tiff and Todd!!!! Can't wait to hear more updates along the way!

Mom said...

Still smiling! Glad you posted to your blog. It is so exciting. The cookies tasted delicious too. So excited to hear after the next appointment.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so excited for you and Todd. Hey, I WANT TO MEET TODD! I'm not pitching a fit, really. Have fun with this little guy/gal all the way.

Stefanie said...

OMG YAY!!!!!!!!! Super exciting!