On Tuesday I came home and notice the box for the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser sitting on my front porch. I was so very excited! I needed a new vacuum. My floors were not pretty. I was ready to order one myself. I've had this little Eureka vacuum for the past four years (since I moved into my own place) and it's still working. But it just doesn't pick up everything. I vacuumed on Monday and then, of course, vacuumed again with my new pet hair eraser on Tues and I had to empty the container FIVE times! It was amazing (and gross) how much stuff the little vacuum left on the floor the day before!
Ok so where did it come from? Well, Michael Burns bought it for me. Michael Burns is one of James' family members and I don't really know him at all. I know Michael is from his mom's side of the family and I think it may be her brother or nephew. There are so many of them, I get confused! I posted the picture of Bohdi on the family website (myfamily.com) and asked them to go vote. When he saw that we didn't win, he bought it for us himself!
I know it sounds silly, but it really has had me thinking since then. I've been so stressed and worried about jobs and how James and I are going to financially support ourselves when he gets out of the army. We are going to move (probably to CA), he is going to go to school and I'm not going to work. At least that is the plan. How in the world are we going to make it? The vacuum on my door reminded me that GOD will take care of us. Now, I know that I did not need a new vacuum to "survive" but a new vacuum has really made my life a little easier. If God is going to provide a new vacuum to "make life easier" then I need trust that He will take care of the "important" and "bigger" things in life. It's hard to do. But I'm sure that is why I'm going through it! God will provide and I will learn to not worry as much.
For now I'm having fun Vacuuming! :)
Here is a picture of the old vacuum and new vacuum.... so great.
Ok I can't believe I just wrote an entire blog about a vacuum!
Look for more interesting blogs to come. Harnett Off Broadway is on Friday, and I'm shooting my first wedding on Sat... ahh, I'm nervous.
8 comments:
That new vacuum looks really great! It's a "hoss" after that little one. :) Just a little note for you -- My new vacuum I got just last year suddenly was not picking up. Took it to the shop and it had a clog in it inside the body of the vacuum that I couldn't get to. The technician took it apart, got the clog out and it's working great now. I wonder if your little Eureka needs to be unclogged?
Love your perspective on the vacuum! And you are so right - God will always provide. I'm reminding myself of that daily, even hourly, during this transition in my life. When I try to control things - by MY worrying, MY planning, MY ways - I only get more stressed out and lose sleep. When I give it up to Him, there is a peace. Again, it's a constant battle for me, but I think we're alike in that way! Enjoy where your adventure will take you - who knows, you could end up somewhere like....Oh, I don't know.... Massachusetts???????? Love you so much "Tiffy Rose". How many more days?
I think your post was not about a new vacuum cleaner, but about God's provision. The vacuum was just a very effective visual aid!
It may be about a vacuum, but it has a good message! I feel that Colt and I are in a similar situation as you are. I don't work and Colt is going back to school, plus we have Hunter, and sometimes I just worry so much about how we are going to make it. I often, almost every day, have to remind myself that God will provide. Read about the Isrealites journey across the wilderness and that will help you, it did me. They complained and worried so much but God always provided for them. Have fun vacuuming and good luck with Harnett and the wedding!
Okay, OKAY ... I'll vacuum today. You've inspired me. :)
Hmmmmm...do I still have one of those....
We had that old vacuum. Worked for about a DAY. Glad you won a new one. Glad you didn't have to "suck up" to win it. ^_^
Ok, now I'm feeling gross in my house... I guess I'll have Casey vacuum. ;)
Post a Comment