So an update is needed. I know. I don't have much to update on. Here is a list of things to update you on the past couple weeks.
1. James is coming home in 88 days (or less)... YEA! we've almost made it
2. These last few months of deployment have been REALLY hard. The last two weeks, the worst.
3. Tiffany Rose Photography is slowly taking off. I've booked another wedding for March 8th. I'm SO NERVOUS!
4. I've auditioned over 180 students and picked the top 40 for my big Harnett Off Broadway show. Our theme this year is Western Hillbilly Hoedown. We're dancing to "Cotton Eyed Joe" and singing and dancing to "Rock Top", "Deep in the Heart of TX" and "Home on the Range". The kids are doing a GREAT job.
5. James and I have pretty much decided that we WILL be moving to California around October of this year. This has caused MANY emotions for me these past two weeks. Right now we are looking in the SanDiego area. We plan on buying a condo, he's going to school then med school, and I'm not going to work. These plans are NOT set in stone and could change by the next time I post a blog.
6. James and I started our "Love Letters" from an Oprah show I saw a few months ago. I hope we can continue this throughout our marriage like this couple did. Of course we modified some of the questions so that we can answer them at the end of the WEEK instead of each day! :)
7. My kitchen sink started leaking and flooded into the living room. They stopped the leak but the black mold is still under the sink. Scary. The landlord says they'll get to it.
8. The house started smelling like it was on fire Sunday night. This was about four or five days after the leaky sink. I called my landlord around 9PM and he was here until 10PM. He thought the house was going to catch fire that night and I should go spend the night at his house. I refused. I wanted to be in MY house and if was going to burn down then I wanted to be able to call the fire dept. I didn't want to be at someone else's house and worry about my house burning down. In "God's Name" he "commanded the evil spirits out of my house"... literally. when he was done commanding the demons out of my house he looked at me for a response and I said...."ummm, Amen?" I guess it worked: The house did NOT burn down, the furnace was broken and it is now fixed. I slept in my house TWO nights with smoke all throughout the house and I woke up with burning lungs, nose and throat. It's fixed now. Thank goodness! :)
9. A mean parent of one of my students SCREAMED at me. My principal made me change the child's grade because sometimes we should "bend without breaking". I think I broke by changing the grade.
10. I've gotten to talk to James SO MUCH this week and we are loving every minute of it! Sometimes it's hard, but this week it has just been fun! :) I'm so ready for him to come home so we can have fun together again!!!
By the way. James has been gone for exactly ONE YEAR! He left on Feb 2nd of last year so this is the last day of the 12 months he's been gone. He mentioned something about being home MID April instead of the end of April. I get so giddy when I think about him coming home! YEA! we are so close only three months left. We can SO DO THREE MONTHS!!!
Hope you all have a great weekend.
10 comments:
Hurray! Not too much longer for you and James to be apart. We'll keep praying for you both. Sounds like we need to pray for you for the rest of the school year too. Working with most parents is wonderful. But that one that is not so nice is really hard. The bad part is that this parent can't always get what he wants for his child and the child will be the loser in the long run.
San Diego, huh? Sounds wonderful! Actually one of our young women from church is an architect out there. She's getting married in September there too. I'll have to find out where she goes to church. Perhaps you two couples could meet! :)
BTW, your music program sounds really cute! I know it will be great.
That is too funny about about the fire demons being exorcized out of your house! I can't totally picture you in that situation! If you get time and think about it, email me how to embed links in your blog. I"ve read the directions on blogger and it isn't working for some reason. You know, when you can write the word James so that a reader can click on it and go to another link. I can't make it work! See you tomorrow hopefully!
Good to hear from you! I was wondering how the countdown was going. You and James are in my prayers as you make many decisions in the next few months!
PS Send me that parent's name. I'll beat 'em up. ;)
wow, moving to Cali, well i'm sure that you will do great wherever you live! and i'm so happy that james is coming home soon, i hope the time flies.
So glad you guys are almost done and James is close to coming home. And yay, San Diego! I was just there last weekend and am having a really hard time not packing up and moving there.
Oh, Tiffany! I'm so sorry you're having to deal with "house stuff" all by yourself. Sounds to me like the demon has been taken care of though! I could totally hear you saying, "Um, Amen?"
I wish I could see your show! More than that, I wish my kids could have you as a music teacher. If every music teacher put as much thought into their curriculum as you did, we'd have more kids "into" music!
Still praying for you and James...
Amen to Deborah's comment about wishing all our kids could have you as a music teacher. You are undoubtedly THE BEST AND MOST FUN!!!
I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!
yer daddy
You're doing it! I never doubted you could. You are wonderful. I hope you know how you scared your Dad and me when you called Sunday night and said, "I think my house is on fire. By the way, I'm staying at my house tonight." I'm glad you got that fire demon taken care of. What a lot you have had to bear these past 2 weeks. I'm so excited for us all that James is so close to coming home. We love you both so much.
Post a Comment