Yesterday I had the wonderful privlidge of spending my evening with Mackenzie and Cole. Kenzie has been in all of my music programs for the past three years. They are both such sweet and wonderful children. Sadly this past summer their daddy was killed in Afghanistan. Their momma and daddy were high school sweethearts. Of course, it has been hard for them. I am still amazed at Chris' strength (their mother). She still works and takes phenominal care of her children. I have always felt close to Kenzie. She is very mature, respectful and sweet. This is my first year with Cole and I've only known him for a few short months. He LOVES music and is taking piano lessons and LOVES to play with Bohdi. Their momma needed some time to get some things done that have been needed to be done for a while so I took them home wtih me yesterday. We got our homework done. (which took until 5PM). then we started carving our pumpkins. They both had such a great time playing in all the MUSH! yuck! Last year, Cole was not strong enough to make his own pumpkin but this year he was so this was his FIRST pumpkin that he did by himself! He was very excited and Kenzie was SO excited for him. After we carved our pumpkins we went to Arby's AND Sonic. Cole wanted Arby's and Kenzie and I wanted Sonic. Plus they wanted to play at the playground. Finally around 8:30 it was time for them to go home. Their momma came to pick them up and see their Jack-O-Lanterns. I really had SUCH a fun time! I can't wait to do it agian. Of course they were both still talking about it today at school. They REALLY had a great time too.

Homework time

Pumpkin Time!



7 comments:
aww. looks like so much fun =) I love you!
What fun! How come NONE of the pumpkins I ever carved looked that creative??!! Those are great looking.
Fun! Those are some good lookin' pumpkins! :)
What an incredible ministry you have going on! You will probably never know what that meant to those kids and their mom.
Cute jack-o-lanterns! You are so creative!
That's great!
Good "Mommy" practice huh?
:)
that's really sweet! i'm sure they loved having some extra attention
Oh, I bet Chris was SO thankful for that time. We all love our children, but we all LOVE a break from them every once in awhile! Thank you for being someone who is willing to do that for a friend!
Post a Comment