Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Kinda gross

Yes, I know two posts in two days! Crazy! But I had something interesting happen to me. I'll go ahead and warn you; if you have a weak stomach then stop reading! :/
Day before yesterday i noticed a little bump on my leg that hurt. I just figured it would go away. Yesterday it stated hurting quite a bit more and actually kept me awake at night. So today I went to school and told another teacher about it. She was INSISTANT that I showed the school nurse. I went to the nurses office and told her about my leg and showed it to her. She said that i needed to go the Dr. right away b/c she thought I had a spider bite that was spreading through my leg. Of course, I wasn't about to go ask my principal for the day off so I told her I was going to stick it out for the rest of the day. She wasn't too thrilled with my decision b/c she wanted me at the Dr's office. By 10 I was calling James asking him to make me an apt (b/c I was in class all day and couldn't call). He called back at 1 and told me that I had an apt. at 2 on post (a 30min drive). By this time it was hurting to walk. I called McNeil (the principal) and of course, she was not happy with me, but I went anyway. I was there at 1:50 and saw the Dr by 2PM. He decided that I did indeed get bitten by a spider. He said the infection is "pretty nasty in there". I now have to take antibiotics FOUR times a day and he gave me "good stuff" for the pain. I know it's pretty gross, but this is what it looks like.

The pic doesn't do it justice (which is probably good). You can see the red streaks coming from the circle which means the infection is beginning to spread throughout my leg. Some of you may remember, but this is what happened to James right before the wedding. he said that his looked like this before it got worse. Hopefully we caught it soon and the meds. will kick in and make it better. What an exciting day!
Oh yeah, on top of that..... they found out today that I have extremely high blood pressure..... imagine that! Looks like I need a more relaxing job! :)
On that note I'll leave you with a relaxing picture of our new great fire accessories from mom and dad! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing those little spiders can do so much. As for your blood pressure, don't just assume your BP is always high. Just think about how stressful a day you had before you got there - a probable spider bite, not wanting to ask off work, principal being upset that you left, trying to get to the doctor on base on time, visiting a doctor - you get my drift! This could be a one time thing, but certainly bears watching, especially with family history. OK, I have only RD after my name, not RN or MD, so I'll hush now!!

Anonymous said...

Pretty fireplace! But a not-so-pretty leg. :) I hope that heals up soon! I know how hard it is to miss school and try to get caught up later. Take those meds!! :)

Tiffany Rose said...

Thanks Aunt Donna! :)

Stefanie said...

Hahaha!

At least it's not like that gross hole that James had in his leg.

I'll never forget how much padding came out of his leg the day before the wedding....ewwww!

:)

Anonymous said...

That's pretty gross. I hope it's doing better today. Are you taking a sick day? You probably should check your BP periodically. I know you are having another stressful year at work...but your Dad and I are not the best genetic pool to draw from for BP. Obsession about it though can just make it go up too. Hope you are doing better. Love you!