Saturday, January 27, 2007

Guns and other fancy stuff

I have a feeling there will be a couple more posts this week! This is our "last week" together before James leaves for Afghanistan. We are trying to fit in as much time together as possible. The Army has offered a marriage retreat at the Pinehurst Resort, but I can't go b/c I'd have to take of two days of work and I'm already taking off another day next week. My principal would NOT be happy with me and I don't want to have to "deal" with all that. Anyway here are a few pics of us doing some fun stuff with friends! :)

Shooting: I did a pretty good job.... I'm pretty sure was better than James this time... but he's not to excited to admit it! :)



And here are a few from the Military Ball that we went to last night. It was fun to get dressed up! It would've been more fun if I was about 15lbs lighter! :)


Some of the wives.

Some of the guys


Believe it or not things seem to be calming down a bit. I'm looking forward to my family coming to visit (and still hoping that they ARE infact coming!). I've tried to put off "cleaning the house" every evening and this weekend so that we can go do fun stuff! There hasn't been any more "bad news" in the past couple days and my health is getting better. I finished my antibiotics so my leg looks better and the only sign of my flu is a yucky cough. I'm ready to get this "deployment" started so I can start counting down the days until my husband comes home! :) I will post his address as soon as we get a solid one. (they keep changing it).
I'm sure I'll be posting again real soon! We're taking Bohdi to the lake this afternoon with some friends.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two look so beautiful! I don't think you need to be 15 lbs. lighter. Glad you are having some good "last moments" together before the year deployment. Yes, we are still planning on coming. We will be ready for it too! What time on Friday is James leaving? We'll see you Thursday! Love you.

Tiffany Rose said...

Of course there is not a set time for when James is leaving! We're lucky if we can get an exact DAY! :)

Hannah Clark said...

I'm glad you guys are doing a lot together before he leaves!! I wish I could come down and see you =(..I'll talk to you later! Love you so very much!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you both look wonderful! Love those uniforms and Tiff, you couldn't possibly need to be any pounds lighter! You look great. I love the pictures of you both dressed up. We'll be keeping James in our prayers when he's deployed.

Anonymous said...

You all look so beautiful at the Military ball! Thanks for posting the pictures for the rest of us to see! You'll have to look at them often while James is away!

Love you!

Stefanie said...

I LOVE the pics! You look GREAT!

Too bad you can't take advantage of the thing at the Pinehurst Resort - that would've been a good time but that is understandable about dealing with your boss. I wouldn't touch that one either.

Looks like you guys are having a great time!
I miss you like crazy!
Stefanie

Deborah said...

Hey Tiff. You guys look so great together. You are such a beautiful girl with a handsome military-man! My prayers are with you as you embark on this huge transition.

cassandra and zachary said...

What a great coat! :)
If you lose the pounds, you lose the fantastic curves. :) Zach and I are also still planning on coming...do we need to bring the air mattress and bedding things? Can't wait to see you and James and your cute house.