Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I'll Share Mine, If You Share Yours......

Recipes, of course!!! Calling all mothers, grandmothers, cousins, sisters, friends and mostly anyone who considers themselves a Curtis family member! I'm looking for quick, cheap, GREAT recipes (then again, who isn't). I'll share my latest discovery, but I'll admit that it is from the back of a box, but they are the GREATEST POTATOES in the world.... here it goes....

3 Potatoes cut into chunks
Veggie Oil (it's always on hand)
1package of dry French Onion Soup

Cover your chunked potatoes in oil. Dump in the package of Soup. Mix it all up. Put it in the oven at 425 for 35 min. and you have the GREATEST POTATOES IN THE WORLD!

And now for the Tiffany version or Stuffed Parmesan Chicken Breasts (SUPER EASY AND FAST).

Chicken Breasts (as many as your family will eat)
ZESTY Italian Dressing (none of that fat free stuff)
Italian bread crumbs
Parmesan Cheese

Thaw and Marinate chicken in the dressing for a few hrs. (I do this on my way out the door for work). Mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Slice the thawed, marinated, chicken breasts horizontally but not all the way through (make it like a book, get it?). Dip and cover chicken with bread mixture and placed in a greased pan. Use the remaining bread mixture and place a layer on the inside of the chicken (remember you cut it horizontally :) ) Cover with another layer of Parmesan Cheese and fold the chicken back together (in my eyes the more cheese the better at this point). Put it in the oven at 350 for 45min..... it's GREAT!

Now I know that I'm probably letting alot of the Curtis family down by this time with my OBVIOUS lack of cooking ability! I hope that Mamaw hasn't found my blog yet and if she has then, "I'm sorry Mamaw, I promise I'll try to do better!" If she isn't just extremely disappointed with my cooking abilities then I'm sure that my wonderful recipe writing will just throw over the edge into disappointment! (You all know that I'm of course joking.... well for the most part! :)

So, shoot some of your CHEAP, EASY recipes my way!

2 comments:

Tiffany Rose said...

Thanks to those of you who emailed your recipes! :) I look forward to trying them.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I understoon "like a book" perfectly. Mamaw would be proud of your ingenuity. Love, Mom