Thursday, October 18, 2012

My little guy is GLOWING!

I've been looking forward to this one for a while.  There are so many sensory ideas, but they are SO MESSY! This is one that is not messy but lots of fun! He had such a great time with this one. 


Then we took the glow sticks, cut them open and then put them in the mason jars.  Warning, you shouldn't let the little ones "help" with this part. It's messy and I hear that the glowing stuff is toxic. 





He played with these until the glowing stopped (about an hr)


 The next day I decided to make a picture frame to display at halloween time.  I plan on putting a picture of him from the year before in his costume. 
All I needed was
- a .88 cent wooden frame from walmart
- orange paint (less than a dollar)
- paint brush (I found one under my sink)
- googly eyes (I got a dollar tree and used in the Halloween sensory bucket)
- glue (I had super glue so that's what I used)
- plastic bug (again previously had for Halloween bucket)

I let River help paint for about 2 seconds, then he was ready for a nap.  This was really a mommy project. I finished while he was sleeping. 

I made sure to paint EVERYTHING, every side and corner, even the little pegs that go in the back for the frame to stand.  I ran out of eyes at the end and planned on getting more, but my sister said that it looked good this way and I agree! I kind of like it better. It's finished!  The picture I plan on using from last year is waiting to be picked up at Walmart. 


I've also been working on transitioning the downstairs guest suite into a playroom.  I can have up 4 kids under the age of 3 on any given day and needed a place for them to play and not worry about them breaking things.  This is all I've gotten done so far, but River LOVES it! 

2 comments:

Deborah said...

The eyeball frame is SO FUN!!

And, I bet he had a blast with his "glowy" bath/playtime!

Mom said...

I have some of these things pinned but you actually are doing them!!