Saturday, January 30, 2010

Just thought I'd share

I just made a wonderful stuffed pepper recipe. I kinda followed a recipe, but not really. here it goes. (I'm horrible at writing recipes... any tips would be appreciated!)

2 cleaned out bell peppers
1 large garlic clove
1 small tomato
1 small onion
1/2 tbs of EVOO
1/2 lb of ground turkey
1/2tbs Worcestershire sauce
1/2 C low fat, skim mozzarella cheese
dash of seasoning salt

Preheat oven to 350
Cut tops off green bell peppers, clean out and place in a greased glass dish. Cover and heat in microwave for five min.
While that is heating up, place all the veggies (minus the tomatoes b/c they are a fruit) in a food processor. They need to be small, but not liquified.
Saute the ground turkey and veggies in the EVOO.
Now, cut up the tomato and place it in the food processor. This DOES need to be liquified.
Add tomato liquid and worcestershire in the meat/veggie mixture for 3-4 min. Make sure to cook out most of the liquid.
Add only 1/4 C of the cheese to meat mixture.
"Stuff" the warmed, soft peppers with mixture (I had EXACTLY enough). Top with the remaining cheese and place in the oven for 10min or until the cheese is slightly browned.
So yumm, and so good for you. :)

The rest of my day.....
BREAKFAST: 1/2 C grapenuts with splenda and milk (my favorite)
LUNCH: 1C of cauliflower and 15 salted peanuts in the shell
Dinner: Stuffed peppers and 1/2 C of cooked brown rice, seasoned with tomato, onion, garlic, parsley, basil, salt and pepper.

Yesterday I ran my two miles... go me. Now I need to go change my clothes and do it again.... right after the "Miss America Pageant".
Weight update: I'm not losing any weight, but I AM maintaining. and I don't mind posting my weight.... I am very proudly maintaining my weight at 128! I'd like to lose four or five more lbs and then maintain there, but I'm thrilled with 128.... that's less than what is on my 16yr old drivers license. :)


5 comments:

abby said...

how can you be horrible at writing recipes?? i think you're great at it!

Mom said...

Stuffed peppers sound very good. Also, alot healthier than I use to make. They sure make the house smell good when they are cooking. Congratulations on the SB healthy eating. I'm sure you look beautiful. But then, I always think you look beautiful. I don't think I can be desciplined enough to do SB. Or maybe I just don't want to be. ;)

Mom said...

Yea, that's probably it.

Kim Hodges said...

Those sound so good. Added to the "recipes to try" list!

Megan said...

There are several ways to write out a recipe....use what works for you! You are doing a great job, easy to follow....

I don't think I could do south beach either, but man.....128 sounds like heaven!!!!