Thursday, January 28, 2010

SB and Engagement shoot

Ok, so the SB update.
BREAKFAST: 1/2 C grape nuts, splenda
SNACK: Apple
LUNCH: Turkey Subway w/out the top half of the whole grain bread, spinach, salt and pepper, EVOO and Vinegar and light onion. yumm! (my splurge: whole grain sun chips... which are allowed on phase 2)
SNACK: SB PB cookies So yum
DINNER: steak salad

WORKOUT: not at all.
I started working on my taxes tonight and it took WAY longer than I thought it was going to. I ended up having to call someone at IRS where I found out that last years taxes were rejected. This time last year, I wasn't very coherent. I don't even remember if I got a refund or not. Obviously I didn't. Of course, I can't fill out the 2008 taxes online so for the first time I had to fill out a 1040 on my own. Man they make those things way more confusing than they need to be. Literally steps like "1. add $300 2. subtract $300 3.use form wks 51 to fill out this blank" go to pg 51, "fill out form 38 to find this blank"... SERIOUSLY!?!? Finally it got done. The first time I tried it, it said that I owed for 08 taxes... but I knew that wasn't right b/c I claimed "0" on my W4... when it was all said and done I ended up getting over $1000. woo hoo! anyway they are done!

on a side note: last Monday I did an engagement photo shoot for a co-worker. We have similar "life" stories from the past two years. So this one was very special to me. It made me so happy to see her so happy. It also helped me on my journey. Seeing her so happy with him, was conformation that it's alright for me to feel and be happy with Todd. It's alright, i don't have to be sad or pretend to be sad for the rest of my life to prove that I didn't want a divorce. make sense? Anyway, this photo shoot was very helpful in my healing process!! :)

Here are just a few of my favorite shots. I have a wedding to shoot in March, but other than that, nothing else is scheduled. :( I'd love to get some more shoots booked!





I had the huge privilege to be able to go to the CMEA (Colorado Music Educators Association) conference at the Broadmoor today and also tomorrow and Saturday. It is amazing. I have already learned so many fun lessons and techniques to use with my students. Also, in other work news, my donors chose program got funded! That means that all my costumes ($500 worth) were donated for my K&1st program! they are going to look so cute.

So there's an update.... and some picture. :) Todd and I need to go on a new adventure so I have pictures to post of us! sry, maybe next time!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I love the "between the windows" picture! You are so creative.

Stefanie said...

So happy your DonorsChoose was funded. Can't wait to hear how the children enjoy this experience. As for SB, what you're eating doesn't sound like much fun. Maybe this is why I'm gaining weight - because I'm eating junk. And I love the engagement photos! Great work, as always!