Yes, I'm ashamed to admit that I actually doubted a recipe in the Curtis cook book. I'm admitting it and that is a hard first step so be kind to me. :) In a previous post I showed you pictures of cinnamon rolls that I made from the Pioneer Woman website. While they WONDERFUL, then left a HUGE mess in my kitchen. By huge mess I mean, I was scrapping cinnamon butter goo off the counter (clean counter) on to the pans of "goo" called cinnamon rolls. It called for melted butter... LOTS of melted butter, which made the cinnamon sugar goodness all ooze out of the bread dough when I rolled it up. The bread dough was also way to "flimsy" so it kept getting holes in it while I was rolling up. More mess! So, I went to the Curtis cook book (this is where I should've gone FIRST)..... of course Mamaw had the solution to the problem... first of all use "Grandmother's Yeast Rolls", then spread SOFTENED (not melted) butter on the dough, then put even more butter cinnamon goodness over top of everything when it's in the pan! DUH!
I thought I would document this lessons learned with pictures so here ya go! :)
Curtis Cook book cinnamon rolls
The ONLY recipe to use! :)
This is the part of the recipe I DID keep from P.W. an entire bag of powdered sugar, 1/2Cup melted butter, pinch of salt, 1/2 cup whole milk, 2tsp maple flavoring (I added more) and 1/4 cup coffee (I added less)..... heavenly!
See they don't look messy at all. They look pretty!
Nice and clean
Ok, just thought I'd keep it "real" not THAT clean
Just take these lovely babies and rub them right on your thighs b/c that is EXACTLY where they are going! :) This is why I give them away!
Ok so maybe not ALL of them. I had to try ONE!
LESSON LEARNED! :)
5 comments:
I made these Thanksgiving morning--so yummy! I'll have to try PW's glaze.
So, how do you feel about mailing me some of these amazing-looking (and I'm sure amazing tasting) cinnamon rolls?
:)
Definitely the best cinnamon rolls on the planet! But, I will also have to write down that glaze recipe...sounds great!
Yummy! They look so delicious. I'm sure your Dad would love the maple/coffee flavored glaze. It looks delish! Loved the picture documentary. :)
Beautiful and delicious looking. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment