Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Time in California

It's Christmas time at the Shaw house. It took us a while to get there, but we've finally had a little time to get the tree up and I've been baking anytime I am home long enough to do it.

Awesome cinnamon rolls (I made five pans of these to give to family and friends)

this is my horrible double chin and the great smelling cinnamon ornaments.
I didn't even get a pice of this pecan pie. I made two of them in the past week and they were gone VERY quickly. james had never had pecan pie before this. it is now his new favorite and he feels that every good wife should have a pecan pie on the stove at all times for her husband!
our pretty cool christmas tree. All of ornaments are in storage so these are all new or homemade
Yep, that's an owl at the top of our tree. our star is MIA and I've had an obsession with owls this year, so it works.
The stockings were hung by the... ummm... TV? with care

the simple christmas table (with christmas tree scraps)
the only snow we'll see at our place
More baking! Butterscotch cookies
Christmas tree cake

Little Christmas tree in the guest bathroom
decorations I made with the Christmas tree "scraps"
cupcakes left over from the christmas tree cake batter
That's all for now, but I'm sure they'll be more over the next couple months! :)

5 comments:

abby said...

beautiful! of course i wish i was there to eat all the goodies. and your house looks great!

Anonymous said...

Impressive, Tiffany! Your home looks very inviting for Christmas and with all of the cooking I'm sure it has that high-calorie holiday smell we all love! I can't believe you made the beautiful swag from tree scraps! You are your creative mother's daughter! I seem to recall that she had a thing for owls too!

Kim Hodges said...

Is that PW's pecan pie?

Tiffany Rose said...

the first one was PW the second one was Grandma Curtis' they were both great!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Aunt Carol about that beautiful swag. Gorgeous. Wanna come to my house and decorate??? And Grandma Curtis' pecan -- my favorite!