I met with my new principal today. I was very nervous because I had to ask off for the first 13days which is when James will be home for his R&R. That was one of the first things she asked me; "So when does your husband come home for a visit". I wasn't ready to jump right into the "hard part" of the conversation but I did it anyway. I explained my situation and she jumped right on the phone with Mr. Honeycutt (our superintendent). After talking to him for what felt like FOREVER, she ended the conversation with "that is what I was thinking, but I just wanted your approval" Now at this point I really thought that I was going to have to compromise.... maybe she would give me 10 days and I would have to work three and I would have to take days without pay for all 10 days. But instead she said that I could have ALL the days off and even suggested that I take an EXTRA day to "compose" myself before I came back to work! She also said that they would try to work with me on the whole personal days situation as well which means I may not have to take all my days without pay! It is likely that I will have to give up pay for the entire 13 days, but that's alright... we'll cut back somewhere or just put a bill or two on a credit card cause it is TOTALLY worth it!
We also talked about the music program and she already has dates for me to approve for the Christmas and Spring program! So we have our program dates set and the field trip for April is already approved! This principal seems to be on the ball. I really feel like she cares about her teachers and for the first time in two years I felt APPRECIATED by my principal. Within the first 5 min. I KNEW that she cared about me and my personal situation.
So needless to say, I have a GREAT first impression of my new principal. I went into my assistant principals off where I was so happy I started crying and she started crying as well... I said, "I think this is the first time we've cried 'happy tears' in your office!" and she agreed.
Those of you that are teachers out there know what a HUGE difference a good or bad principal makes, and this one seems like she will be good. I'm actually EXCITED to start the school year! What a GREAT feeling! :)
11 comments:
Oh, what a huge load of anxietly lifted off your shoulders! James will be home soon!
anxiety ... I know.
Oh, I'm so glad for you, Tiff! I know you must be counting down the days and hours!
Yeah! I'm so excited for you and James. Now you can really start to get excited and ready for him to come home. We can't wait to see him too! I love you both!
That is really exciting! A good principal really does make all the difference in the world. I'm glad things are changing for the better. :)
What a blessing to have the time to make the most of every moment James is home! Have FUN!!!
WOO-HOO!!! What a huge blessing to have a principal who values family.
Won't be long now...
p.s. I cannot tell you how good it was to spend time with you and your mom over the last couple of weeks. I already miss you both!!
Oh Tiffany, I'm so happy for you, I know how hard it was for you last year. Things are really looking up, what a wonderful feeling now. Makes James coming home even better. love ya, Shirley
Hey honey...I dont know if this is good or bad news considering you already got the time off...but I may be home about a week earlier. I should be leaving BAF around the 12th of August now...excited?
WOW - he's coming home a week earlier. I don't know ... maybe he should just wait until his previously scheduled time since that time was already worked out :) Yea for good principles - now we don't have to hunt for new and exciting jobs for you. Loved talking to you on Saturday. The countdown just became less! AB
i'm really excited for you and i hope that your time with james is great! and just like god gave you the perfect husband for you he will also make it just right for when you have kids!
Post a Comment