Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I can't sleep.....

so I thought I'd update my blog. Maybe it will make me tired. There isn't much going on since I've gotten back from Arkansas. Papaw is home from the hospital which we are hoping will help "raise his spirits". Mom is still in Arkansas helping Mamaw and Papaw get settled back into their home. She'll be heading back to WV on Thurs (at least that was the plan a day ago).

James called on Sunday and let me know that he will be coming home earlier (as most of you read from his comment on the last post). I was NOT very excited about this news. I am a very PLANNED person. I had all the dates of when and where we were going to go while he was home so the early arrival really thew us off. Plus I had just gotten my days approved by my principal. I knew she would be upset with me for changing the days and would be upset that we have to tell the sub. that she would not be getting as much work as she though. Boy was I WRONG! When I called to tell my principal the news her first comment was, "Oh baby, I bet you are so excited! I'm so happy for you". I told her that since I couldn't come in for the teacher workdays I would like to come in a couple days this week or next to get my room set up. Of course, she agreed to that. The only bad part... I would be working days and not getting paid for it and I would have to take the workdays off without pay. So we hung up the phone and not 2 min later she called back and said that if I came in and worked early then she would just count my days as workdays and I wouldn't have to take a couple of those days without pay! She is so wonderful!

I've booked a place for me and James to stay for a few days when he comes home and I would post the link to the site, but I want to try to keep it a surprise for him. It's a really nice place and I'm SO excited about going! It's going to be a great romantic vacation. Plus they gave us a GREAT military discount! We will be there for five days and two of those days James' parents will be there with us. I know they are thrilled to get to see him!

I've been pretty bored here at home doing NOTHING, but I don't mind it. I know my days will be busy again, soon enough. Tomorrow I'm going to Danielle's house to celebrate another teacher's birthday. They both have kids that are 2yrs and younger, so I'll get some good "baby time" in!

Ok, I'm finally getting sleepy. Sorry there are STILL no pictures. :( Maybe next time. I'll try to remember to take my camera with me tomorrow. Good Night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiffany, she sounds better all the time. You should have an absolutely fantastic year, you deserve every bit of it. You work so hard at your job. Life will be easier now. Love ya, Shirley

Anonymous said...

Hey Princess
There are two full-time music jobs open in Marion County: Rivesville and Monongah. Just thought I'd throw ya that to complicate a choice between a great new principal and coming back home! Love ya,
dad

Stefanie said...

That's so cute that your dad mentioned the music teacher openings -I bet that does make it really difficult for you!
:)

I'm so glad your principal is the junk. You'll have a great year.

I may be boy free tonight - wanna catch up?