Saturday, July 07, 2007

Papaw, new glasses and our anniversary

Well, first of all I guess there is sad news. My Papaw is really sick. His cancer is back. I don't know many details but I do know that it is not good. It's sad for the whole family to see Papaw so weak. For many of us (and mostly us cousins) he was the strongest person in the world to us. And you know he may not have physical strength right now, but he still one of the strongest people in the world to us! :) Of course, prayers for Papaw, Mamaw and the rest of the family would be greatly appreciated.

After that announcement, the two new things I was going to blog about don't seem very important but I'll go ahead and blog anyway. So, I'm back to glasses. As most of you know I started wearing glasses in the 4th grade, and wore them on and off until college. I did pretty good at wearing them in college, but since college I have not put them on my face! It has been 3 and 1/2 years since I've worn my glasses and probably about 5 years since I've been to the Doctor. Of course, when I went back a couple weeks ago, I was told that I still need glasses. :( I either have to wear them all day or not at all. They are reading glasses that will give me horrible headaches if I put them on and take them off during the day. So I'm going to wear them RIGHT BEFORE I go to bed when I'm reading, while I'm at work and when they match my outfit! ha ha
My new glasses....

Our first anniversary is coming up in about a week. Time flies, doesn't it? So my sweet sweet husband did some research to find out what he should get me for our first anniversary. Of course he found out that the traditional gift for the 1st is paper. So he decided he'd get me a journal. And not just ANY journal. It is and Epica journal (click on the link to check it out). It is hand made in Italy, embossed with real gold, hand stitched, and the paper is hand cut. I was still a little confused as to why he spent so much on a journal, when he could've gotten the same thing at the bookstore for $20, until I talked to him about it. He got this journal for us to keep a record of all of our anniversaries. Each year we will put newspaper clippings, pictures of us, and write about each other and our anniversary for that year. So in other words when we have our 50th wedding anniversary it will be a huge scrapbook of all our anniversaries. (ok all you ladies out there can say "awwwww" now) Isn't that just so sweet. The lettering has our names and wedding date on it. I was telling a friend about this and she said, "if he spends THAT much on paper, I bet you can't wait to find out what he will get for your GOLD anniversary" ha ha, very true!

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

I LOVE the journal and the idea. I must say that James did very well! I hope he keeps it up; see where a little research and planning can get you?
I know you two will really enjoy that.
:)

Anonymous said...

Awwwww! How sweet. That is such a thoughtful idea. We knew he had it in him all the time. :) We feel so blessed to have him in our lives for so many more reasons! See you in Raleigh in a couple of days.

Anonymous said...

That's the best 1 year anniversary gift! -- so thoughtful and it speaks to the eager anticipation for the years to come. Way to go James! I look forward to meeting you one day!