Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Fireworks and Bathroom!

I did it! I remodeled my bathroom. It was scary, tiring and fun. I have a TINY bathroom, but it was fully wallpapered. So I had to take the wall paper down and when I was taking it down I realized that the dry wall was not primed! So after chunks of the dry wall started falling out I realized I had a problem on my hands. After some unique methods of getting the dry wall even and back up I had to prime it, paint it, and then stencil. I LOVE IT! Next project: the bedroom! :)

This is the before.... not good
Yes, I know, the wall paper looks like dead fish!
now what?!?! this was after the first day

This was after the second day... primed and ready to go

MUCH BETTER! :)
Look it all matches
the new blinds and picture REALLY make a difference
no more dead fish! :)

Today is the 4th of July and I was afraid that I wouldn't get to see fireworks because I wasn't going anywhere to see them. Well I came home from a Walmart run and noticed people in my yard... sure enough they were setting up for fireworks.... here's a video of the neighborhood fireworks in Tradewinds.... pretty cool.

Fireworks
Video sent by troseshaw

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bathroom, beautiful fireworks! I will look forward to seeing your bathroom in person next week. I need to fill you in about Papaw sometime, or maybe it will be on one of the cousin's blogs soon.

Tiffany said...

It looks like you're having a fun summer! That stenciling must have taken you all day and then some. It's gorgeous with the different shades of green.

Anonymous said...

I love the bathroom transformation Tiffany. You definitely have that creative gene!

Nicole B. Guthridge said...

wow, do you guys own or rent. if u rent i bet your landlord loves the change. it looks really good i just wish colt's g-parents would let us change some of our house, but maybe some day. you did a great job!

Kim Hodges said...

Yes! Beautiful stenciling! I've always wanted to try that but have been too scared.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful re-do of the bathroom. Wanna come to St. Louis for a visit???????

Anonymous said...

Good job on the bathroom,love the haircut & all the other pics.