JR and Shirley


JR told me that if that thing would've fired it would've killed me... I guess that's not how you fire it! Man, I'd make a pretty bad soldier, I'll stick to teaching!

I also took some cute pictures of Bohdi today playing outside. He's getting so big and so hard to handle. Some of the pics were pretty cute so I thought I'd share a couple. We made videos to send to James as well! :)
Bohdi wants to come inside


And now, and UPDATE about James:
Communication with James has gotten ALOT better. We are able to talk (type) every day now. Not sure how much longer that will last, but I'm thankful for it now. Also, we found out his R&R dates. I'm not sure if I can post them on here, but lets just say they are NOT at a good time. Out of all the months he could come home THE month he got assigned is the WORST possible time. I'm constantly disappointed and let down by the army. I talked to mom last night about how I feel like my lack of faith may be why I feel like my prayers are not answered exactly how I would like them to be. Of course, I know that God's way is the best, but I honestly feel like I'm being tested or tried or given these situations to "learn" from them. But I'm done learning, just tell me what i need to "learn" and I'll learn it!! It's time for some GOOD news. I know it sounds negative, but honestly; every situation they give us is usually the worst it could be. They'll give a "good" end of a situation and then a "bad" end and it ALWAYS seems that the worst possibility ends up being what James I have to deal with, learn from, live with... and most of the time other couples/ families seem to get the "good end of the deal" every once in a while. DEAD HONEST: we have never gotten the "good end of the deal". SO those of you with faith stronger than mine; PRAY. Pray that his dates will get changed (there is still hope) or that we'll be able to enjoy his R&R to the fullest, or that they will come home earlier, or pray that we "learn" or "grow" in what ever way we need to as soon as possible!! :) Also, continue to pray for his safety.
Enough venting for the day! :) Have a great rest of the week. This weekend is a NASCAR weekend for me!!! :) you know there'll be a great blog next week! :)





4 comments:
Cute pics! Bohdi is such a cutie...
And BTW - I didn't say where I was falling, just that I am
;)
love you!
Oh, babe, I hope you don't think that when we talk, that I'm trying to make light of your situation. I guess it is just a Mother's perceived duty to try to make everything alright. Some things just aren't going to be "alright". I do think God has great things planned for His children. I just don't always understand His timing or methods. But then I guess I'm not suppose to and how dare me to think that I could! I want to get to the point where I can say, with James, the apostle, not your husband, "I count it all joy to go through trials, knowing that it makes me a better servant." (My translation) I love you!
I am praying for you, but not because my faith is stronger. All of us have been through times where we feel like God isn't answering our prayers. He wants nothing more than have a personal relationship with you and to hold you in His arms as you cry out your anxiety and worries to Him. I urge you--tell God how you really feel--He already knows how you really feel, but tell Him! Well, rather than just tell you I'm praying for you, here is a shortened version of my prayer for you today:
Holy Father, I praise you for your majesty and your goodness. My heart is aching for my sweet cousin and sister-in-Christ, Tiffany. I know she longs to have a deeper relationship with you and I praise you for opening up her heart and making her vulnerable right now. May you fill her with your strength and shower her with your unending mercy. Please attend to her in her time of trial and keep Satan's whispers away from her ears. Guard her heart and allow her to reap countless blessings from this seemingly endless and lonely time away from her husband. I pray that Tiffany and James will depend solely on your guidance and that you will open their eyes to see your goodness in all of this. Thank you for her transparency on her blog and for letting me see a glimpse of the hurt she is experiencing. I praise you for the sacrifice of Jesus and for the love that you showed us at the Cross. In Christ's Name, Amen.
Ew-I know those days, weeks, and months. We learned to not believe anything the Army said, and to take their "dates" with a big grain of salt. We also learned that no matter what the Army did, God's will was always done in the situation. I've had to quit jobs to see my husband, and I used the time apart (before kids) to travel the world and do mission work. I wasn't going to let the Army's inconvenience find me moping around at home. That said, some nights just HAD to be sad movie and cheesecake nights! Tim leaves in April, so we'll have to get together for one of those then.
Post a Comment