I know I just posted yesterday, but I have done some pretty exciting stuff since yesterday afternoon! :) I made my first creations on my new sewing machine. I found the easiest pattern and cheapest pattern possible and started cutting fabric and putting it together like a puzzle... it worked for the most part. I did have to call mom once just to make sure I was pinning the pattern on the fabric the correct way, but if I would've just looked a little bit harder I could've figured that out! (I like to do things BY MYSELF!) But what in the world is up with sewing sizes?!?!?! I have to make the LARGEST size in the pattern just so it will fit me. I realize that I'm not exactly "skinny" but I'm not "fat" either. How do people make clothes for themselves when they are any bigger than I am?!?! I will admit that I SHOULD'VE made them the biggest size, but I couldn't bring myself to do it so now they are both a little tighter than I'd like, but I guess I have a goal now! :) So here are the pics
My sewing machine and my first attempt at making shorts in almost 15yrs.

Don't they look cute?!?! "I so esscited" (as Kole used to say)

A close up of the fit, see how they are a little tight across my "Curtis hips"?

And this is the cute little skirt I started and finished in 2hrs tonight! :) I was pretty proud of this one, I'm wearing it to school tomorrow for sure!!!! :)

Obviously these are REALLY easy patterns, and I look forward to tackling some type of top next! Maybe a cute little jacket to go with my new skirt! now that should be interesting. I love this new hobby!
12 comments:
Way to go! Love the skirt! And, girl, don't be down on those Curtis hips....I'd take your hips anyday!
That skirt is so pretty!! Let me know when you have a catalog so I can order one...^_^
Cute shorts and skirt. A jacket would be a definite challenge. You will have to go through my patterns the next time you come home.
Oh that's adorable! You'll laugh, but the fabric you used for those shorts is the same fabric I used to make my boys' quiet book for church (the cover anyway)! You should try curtains-they're easy, and your hubby would be so impressed to come home to see it newly decorated via Tiffany!
SOOOO cute!
Make me some!
I'm thoroughly impressed with your skills. Love the shorts and skirt. What's wrong with being the largest size on the pattern?? I'm with Liz--I'd take your hips anyday.
Glad you've had a fun and productive last few days.
Love both of them! The shorts are so fun and the skirt is too cute. I'm so proud of you! Way to go girl. You'll have to teach Hannah how to sew when she's there.
you did a great job, tiff! don't be discouraged about the sizes. sewing pattern sizes are way off of clothing store sizes. it's more accurate if you look at the measurements on the chart on the back of the pattern. anyway, way to go! i miss you!
I'm so impressed! The last thing I sewed was a sleeveless shirt and skirt outfit that Mamaw was right by my side for the whole time ... I think it was 8th grade? And hey, those Curtis hips are GREAT for birthing babies!
those are so cute. i'm going to need to purchase some patterns and some fabric so when i come to visit you can teach me how to make a few tank tops.
The pictures looks so big when I look at it! Too bad it's small for you.
I should be getting some new pics of us soon! I'll definitely share them!
Miss you!:)
Tiffany, I love your spirit of trying anything. I remember that about you when you were in college. Wow, how long ago was that? Good memories.
Mamaw
Post a Comment