When he left and I was standing there looking at the back of a bus, surrounded by wifes and children crying for their loved soldier, I couldn't help but think of just two words; "Now what?" and not just "now what" for the weekend but for the next year of my life.... now what?!?! I dunno, I guess we just pray that God gives us all the strength to make it through this deployment as best as we can. We pray that God brings him home safely to us and we pray that I remain SANE through some REALLY hard times right now.
I pray and have faith that God will put people in my life, here in NC, that will be my "family" while I'm hours away from ALL of them now.
I had to take James' address off of here. I'm not sure if I'll be allowed to share it. If I CAN share it then you'll need to CALL to get it b/c I can not send it through email at all. sorry!
He wants NyQuil, Sudafed (lots of colds and not enough sleep), candy bars, CD's with music or pictures, books, magazines, and gum. I got him a laptop before he went so any computer games would work as well. (just some suggestions)
Me and James right before he left.

No more hair!

So cute in his "under Armor" (which by the way he needs more!)
I'm hanging on for life!

Possibly the last American meal for a LONG time!

Some of the guys packing their stuff
Good bye hugs

Thank you to our soldiers
Oh Lord,
Give me the strength to do this.
Use my husband and me to better Your kingdom over this next year.
Hold me and carry me through these rough days.
Make our marriage stronger even though we are miles and miles away.
Be with our families and give them strength to KNOW that You are in control of our lives and will make everything wonderful in your time.
Help us to remember that you want what is best for Your children.
And we are your children.
Help us to grow in many ways in a time when we need You most.
In Jesus name
Amen.
16 comments:
Tiffany, your prayer of faith is so beautiful. It is a great example of "casting all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you." Stay close to Jesus through this time. He will walk with you and give you strength and peace beyond your understanding!
You and James are in my prayers!
What a beautiful prayer. Your post brought tears to my eyes. I tried to call you last night just to let you know I was thinking of you. We prayed for you and James throughout the day. May you (and James) find comfort in knowing that LOTS of prayers are being said for both of you. One of my favorite verses is Psalm 121: "I lift up my eyes to the mountains, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." You are not alone.
Thanks for the address - we'll send him goodie bags. Nyquill is allowed? Good way to sleep, I guess.
Love you Tiff!
Tiffany, God is with you and James. He will give you strength. You are His child and He loves you both so much. Of course our prayers go up continually for you both. God will supply all your needs. My cup overflows because of your love for God and your husband. It's all a Mamma could hope for a child, that that child would have such a heart for God. Take care babe!
I love you!
I love ya, Princess!
dad
Tiff, your post melted my heart! I will be in prayer for you and James. I will pray that God blesses you with peace and blesses James with safety. If you ever get a few days away from school and want to come to Nashville...I know a couple of families that would LOVE to spend time with you!!! I mean it! Between Deb and I, we have very entertaining children!
Love you!
Tiff, your prayer was precious and so transparent. I KNOW you will make it through this time because you already know who to depend on. We will be praying for you and I will give yours and James' names to our intercessory prayer team so that LOTS of prayers will be going up for you. Love you tons.
Ditto to the Nashville invitation!
AMEN. I'll keep you in my prayers as well. God be with you while your husband is away. Love you girl! ^_^
oh ti ti, you made me cry. i love you so much and every prayer for atleast the next year will have James' name in it. Love you. We'll do whatever we can. Call us.
Since God won't give you anything you can't handle, He must think pretty highly of you! Blessings on you and James ...
I was praying that this time apart will strengthen our bond to
each other and give us time to grow and concentrate on the Lord
individually. I hope that I can use this time to strengthen my relationship with
the Lord to be the strong spiritual leader that I need to be for our
family. I hope that my faith puts up an umbrella of protection over the
men below me, so that we all return home safely. Most of all I love
you, my wife. This may be the hardest thing you ever go through, and
honestly, I hope and pray this is the hardest thing we ever deal with. I
think about you every second, and I cant wait to be back home with you.
Im very glad that you (and I) have so many praying for us in this time.
This is what family is all about.
OK, I read all the comments, and then cried after the last one from James. We are so proud of both of you for putting God first in your marriage and relying on Him to get you through this time. We'll keep you both in our prayers. Love you both!
Tiffany, I am finally on and so thankful. We all join in prayer for you and James. Miss him so much. JR and I will probably visit in NC on the 7th of March. Love you
I cried when I read the post then I cried even more when I read James' comment! I pray for you and James every night! I can't wait to see you at Spring Break!! I love you!
Hannah
Tiffany, you and James are in our prayers. We are so happy that you both are looking to God for guidance in all things during this year and forever!
Our love,
Papaw and Mamaw
Sweet, wonderful post James. I'm so very thankful that God put you in our daughter's life. We love you and are praying for you and Tiffany continually.
Tiffany, I know we haven't kept in touch since probably the last day we sang together...but I found your blog through another Harding person and have read a few entries. Then I found this one and my heart wanted to reach out to you. I will be praying for you and James...be sure to keep us all updated here. God's blessings on you two!
April (Gillespie) Emerson
Post a Comment