Thursday, February 15, 2007

What I've been doing

So what have I been doing sense James left?!? LOTS OF STUFF! Of course work and private lessons, but that's no fun. So here are some pics of the FUN stuff I've done to keep myself busy over the past two weeks!
Decorating:
I went Antiquing with my friend TJ last Sat. and I got an old Cookie Jar, a tea kettle and this HUGE start to hang over my love seat.

I've also put up new curtains in the kitchen and three mirror stars over our bed.


We are storing a TV for a fellow military family until the guys get back next year so I've lots of fun watching my "new TV".

I DID get flowers from James on the 13th. He sent them to school. They were beautiful except when I unwrapped them three of flower heads fell off. :( I did call the company, but haven't heard back from them.

Crocheting:
I made a blanket for my new niece. It took a little longer to make than I thought it would and when I FINALLY got it finished the DOG got a hold of it and tore up a 1/4 of so I had to fix it again. It is all better now, but that dog DID get in trouble. The flowers took a little while b/c I had to teach myself how to make them. I CAN NOT read crocheting instructions so everything I do is self taught. It works! :)


Then last night (Valentines Day). I went with my friend Krista to a V-day party for wives of deployed soldiers. We had such a great time. We all sat around and told our engagement stories and voted on which was the most romantic. (I DID not win). We played another game where we had to think of as many songs with the word "love" in it. (I didn't win that one either). Well all brought our wedding albums and got to show off our pictures and see how other wedding went. They also played everyones first wedding dance song as background music. They had cookies made for all of us with our husbands name on them. It was a really cute idea and a great night! :)



I know, I look REALLY scary! This is me and Krista with our "husband cookies".

So what's next you may ask?!?! SCRAPBOOKING!!!! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiff, I'm impressed with your crochet abilities -- to self-teach left-handed has to be the ultimate in HARD! The blanket is so cute. Glad you are staying busy! Love those curtains too. So classy looking.

Tiffany said...

I love the blanket too. My grandma taught me how to crochet, but I never master ending a row, so my blankets turn out wavy instead of straight on the sides! I think I need a lesson or two from you! Cute party idea, too. Was that with your FRG? Blessings,

Stefanie said...

It's about time we got an update!

The blanket looks great! You could never tell (atleast by looking at the pictures) that Bohdi got into it.

The party looked like a lot of fun but what are you talking about that you looked scary?? I hope that was a typo!!! I think you look great and the house too! I needed you here when I moved in to help with where all my pictures should go, etc. BUT you'd be so proud, I did hang the curtain up on the wall like we did in my old place (in the "dining room.")

Love you!

Deborah said...

Tiffany--you are so talented! I love that blanket and it didn't even dawn on me (until I read my mom's comment) that you are a lefty trying to learn from crochet books that probably target right-handers! No wonder you have to teach yourself.

I agree with your friend--I don't EVEN know why you thought you looked "scary" in that last picture. You are and always have been beautiful with a killer smile. Thanks for sharing that smile with us on your blog.

Still praying for you...

Kristi Petrak said...

I'm not that good with homemaking stuff like crocheting, sewing, cooking, etc. I'm lucky that I can hem my own pants--if badly. ^_^ I love your talents!
I also agree with everybody else--you are BEAUTIFUL!

Kim Hodges said...

That big ol' star is looking mighty Texan to me. About 1/3 of our neighbors have a huge star out on the front of their houses ... and I hung a pink metal one on the front of Kalleigh's door!

Your SCRAPPING?! I SO wish we could scrap together!