Monday, March 20, 2006

St. Patty's Day

Because one of James' relatives (grandfather or great grandfather) came to the US during the potato famine in Ireland, I knew that this St. Patty's day needed to be special! This year St. Patty's day became my new favorite holiday when I realized what it was all about. St Patricks Day is a day of celebration for when, it is said, St. Pat himself drove all the snakes out of Ireland!! Sounds like my kind of man. Any guy who drives snakes out anywhere is my hero!!! :)
James had a horrible day so I thought I'd surprise him with a St. Patty's day cake. Ok, I know I'm no Aunt Donna but it's the thought that counts! and James really liked it (and it tastes great too!) :)
Then James and I got dressed up and went to our favorite Irish Pub/ restaurant; Tir Na Nog. Of course we wore our green. The pictures don't show it but I had some kicking 5 inch strappy green heels on as well. (for those of you who haven't seen me in a while, I almost NEVER wear heels anymore). I must saw we look pretty cute together. We went to eat at Ruby Tues. and then headed to Raleigh. We enjoyed some great Irish music by a band from Dublin after standing [in 5in heels] for 30min. waiting to get in. We were both so worn out from the week we actually ended the night kinda early. All in all it was a pretty good St. Patty's day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiff, Great pictures. I would love to see the shoes. I can't believe your Mom never told you about the snakes being driven out of Ireland! St. Patrick was a cool dude, huh? My first graders know all about him. Love, Mom

Tiffany Rose said...

mom, I'm sure I heard it in school, but I haven't really had a "lesson" on St. Patrick since 1st grade! My memory had to be refreshed. Love you!