Saturday, March 04, 2006

Harnett Off Broadway

It has been a while since my last post because it has been a very busy past couple weeks. I've been working with some of my fourth and fifth graders on a short program for a show called Harnett Off Broadway. Harnett Off Broadway is a showcase of all the schools in the county. Every school works up 10min to perform on stage in front of all the other schools. It is not "technically" a competition, but everyone walks away with their favorite. I was extremely proud of my students. They performed our show better than they have EVER rehearsed it. They did an amazing job. We were not allowed to take pictures of the actual SHOW, but I did manage to get in a couple shots before it started and during the rehearsal. They were SOOOO Excited! Also here are some pictures of my third grade students having fun in music class with their rhythm sticks. We are learning how to keep a beat and compose rhythms in triple meter. So yes, on top of having to put together a show that is quite a big deal in this county I was still having to teach all of my wonderful students! I do love my job.... if I can get out of bed in the morning!

Just a side note. The Army is not a sissy job to have!!!! James was sitting at my kitchen dinner eating the sausage gravy and biscuits I made him and I looked over and noticed two HUGE bruises on his arms. Of course, I gasp and ask if he's alright and he informs that he is fine and that HE won so I should see the OTHER GUY! :) I had to take a picture!


One More thing: for those of you that are interested after 7 long hrs. and very few tears, we have FINALLY completed our wedding registery at Bed Bath and Beyond and Pampered Chef. You can check both of them out at www.bedbathandbeyond.com and www.pamperedchef.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute kids! Tough guy! Mom