Saturday, January 07, 2006

A Wedding on a BUDGET

As most of you know, I've been planning my wedding for YEARS now. There are those college roomates who know that when the "Wedding Story" is on there will be NOTHING else on television, my mother who has gotten many bridal magazines after bridal magazines because I love them so much, and many ex boyfriends who have seen my "dream wedding book" after the third date. And now, I am engaged.... so now what?!?!

I had the priviledge of attending my first bridal show today, and it was GREAT. I went with my fiance, James, and I must say that now more than ever I'm more confused on how this is all going to get done. For example, all these years I've been planning my wedding and I've wanted PURPLE and now I can't decide, ALL the colors look so pretty! Then there are the bridesmaid dresses, I've finally come to the conclusion that I will let my sisters battle that one out. I trust their tastes and that's one less decision for me to make. Then how do you know which caterer to pick and more importantly how to do you find the cheapest one?!?!?! Lets not even get into flowers... see my problem is not finding something that I LIKE the problem is that I like EVERYTHING and can't decide. On top of it all, the AVERAGE wedding costs between $20,000- $40,000 and that's according to the Christian wedding planning book!!! HA HA HA... I'm trying to pull all of this together for under $7,000.
So how do you have a wedding on budget?!?!?...... ask me in 7months and I'll be sure to let you know!
As for right now, I'M LOVING THIS!!!!!! :)
PS. the wedding website is http://haughandshaw.weddings.com feel free to RSVP on the website after you get a "Save the Date" card! :) also any questions about the wedding you can post on here or email to haughshawwedding@yahoo.com (my wonderful fiance made that address for us)
PPS There are lots of new pictures on the "pictures" link to the right of this page. ENJOY!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Tiff, I love all the pictures from Christmas and the engagement. So cute! It made me miss your family and miss our big Christmas get-togethers at the farm. Our trick for having a wedding with minimal expenses is have family and friends do everything! Of course, it helps that Dad is a preacher and Mom makes wedding cakes. But, there are still so many things that family and friends can do that you wouldn't need to hire someone to do. Ask my mom....she has been through it a few times! She can give great tips, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

hey tiff!! Don't worry..I know you'll have a beautiful wedding even with a budget!! I love you and don't get too stresses :)

~*Hannah*~

Anonymous said...

Yea! Aren't big Christmases the best?! Your pictures are just wonderful. I'm like Elizabeth-they made me think of the farm! We have to get together before you move too far away!