I had a semi-cute teaching story from today. Now some teaching stories are just hillarious, but this one is just semi-cute......
I am in the middle of teaching my 3rd grade students the musical "The Littlest Christmas Tree" and today I was showing them the costumes. Now I have to make more tree costumes because they are kind of torn and tattered from last year's performance. So I was telling the kids this and one little girl in the front raised her hand and quietly said, "Ms. Haugh, you should go to the Dollar Tree and get the Christmas Tree clothes there" The word "clothes" threw me off but I thought that maybe she didn't know the word costume. I asked if she was sure that the Dollar Tree had Christmas Tree Costumes and she yes, she was sure that she say christmas tree clothes at the Dollar Tree with her mommy yesterday. So After school I drove the extra 15min. out of the way to go find these $1 costumes (Any teachers dream!)..... after I got to the store I saw all the Santa hats and reindeer antlers, and elf shoes and hats but could not find the christmas tree costume. Then I realized that she said that it had red trim on it. Then I saw what she was looking at.... I pikced it up and she was right it was green with red trim, but I had to laugh out loud when I looked at the tag and it said, "Christmas Tree Skirt". She was right! The Dollar Tree did have Christmas Tree clothes!!! Needless to say I left without a Christmas tree costume, but did come home with some great stocking stuffers and a wonderful teacher story to share with you all!
Other teachers out there?.... share some of your cute stories on the comments page.
No comments:
Post a Comment