Thursday, March 24, 2011

waiting....

I'm going to be pregnant forever.  I know many of you have felt this way.  But with being admitted last week and my doc saying there's not way this baby was going to wait another week I just expected that would be the case.  and here we are week later, no baby.

It's been spring break for me, but this week has not been a break. I won't go into details, but my doctor has gone on vacation this week, and with my high BP I've had to fight to not be induced with several docs, fight for test results regarding pre-eclampsia. (which ended in tears and Todd calling in).  I've been to the doctors office EVERY DAY this week and had to be there first thing in the morning.  That coupled with my one goal for this week is to get this baby here (naturally) and he's still not here, has made this spring break, not much fun.  

Ok, I'm done complaining.  Here's the update.  All the tests came back "good"  No preeclampsia! :)  Which means no more pushing for inducing! woo hoo!  The doc I saw today (the fourth doc I've seen this week), felt the baby's head and I'm having some "crampy" contractions.  Of course, I have no clue if it's actually contractions or the extremely spicy chili I made lat night. :)  I'm uncomfortable, but that is not a complaint! Labor and deliver are not "comfortable" so when I'm uncomfortable I can't help but hope SOMETHING is happening!

Mom comes on Monday. Dad thinks River is coming on Tuesday.  I have to go back to work on Monday if he isn't here, so I'm kinda hoping for Sunday! :)

I'll keep you posted! Watch fbook, it's the fastest way to get the news out these days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping and praying for a safe and happy delivery very soon! Hang in there; Papaw would say, "This is just the way it is"!

Stefanie said...

I can't believe River's about to get here! I hope it's soon, I know you're ready!!