Friday, March 18, 2011

Update

Just though Id update those of you follow the blog.

Yesterday I had my weekly doctors appointment and my BP was 168/110. Of course, everyone went into panic mode. My feet and legs are insanely swollen as well, but there are not other signs of preeclampsia! They still said that I could not go home with BP that high, so i was sent over to the birthing center saying that it was time to have baby River. It was scary. I was by myself, they put me in a gown, admitted me, and started the monitors. Of course, Todd left work and was on a his way. I called work and let them know i wouldn't be back in.

Todd called Tami and he arrived about 30min before her. The nurses were constantly taking my BP and it was dropping. It averages right around 145/95 now. They did blood work and got me all set up for an IV. I was contracting every two min, but it wasn't the least bit uncomfortable. I knew that They wanted to induce. Finally after a while, not sure how long it was, my doc came in and told me that it was my decision. That it there was no good reason to stay pregnant and that if i wanted to induce they'd get started. I asked if I could go home and he said that yes, it was safe to go home and self monitor. But that i would have to come in daily to get my BP taken and urine checked. I wanted to go home. I want to do this as naturally as possible and honestly the possibility of pitocin, completely terrifies me.

I came home last night with the doc telling me to "take it easy". BUT I want to go into labor naturally and I'm afraid they're going to induce soon if I don't, so we went on a walk and then (against my husbands advice) I came home and took a test for one of my online classes.... It was DUE and I just couldn't afford to lose 120 points. Who knows how well i did but I'm glad its finished. We took my BP every 30min last night and it was, on average, 145/95.

Today I went into the doctors appointment prepared! I ate first, made sure the bag was in the car and headed out. My doctor is on vacation (go figure), so i saw another doctor that i do not know and he said, that again no traces of protein, and he's "ok" with the BP of 145/95. Maybe TMI but he stripped membranes (if you don't know what it is you probably don't need to know) :) and boy was it painful.... Very very painful. I was shocked, he did say that he was more rough than usual to "make sure it was done right". It can help start labor..... But nothing yet (it's been 4 1/2 hrs). However, he did tell me to walk but I've been in so much pain that walking more than just up the stairs is out of the question.
And a side note here: Ive been set on a natural birth. However, that was so painful it actually made me question my pain tolerance and if I can really do it! I actually yelled in pain and Teary eyed from the pain. Maybe my pain tolerance isn't as great as I thought it was!

I'm finally feeling better, so I think I'm gonna get some "nesting" done. Just sitting here on the couch is driving me crazy, I keep looking around thinking, "I can't bring a baby home to this mess!". Maybe the cleaning will start some real contractions!

Looks like our little River Michael will be here soon! Maybe the next post will be posted from the hospital with pics of our handsome son!!! Woo hoo!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

8 comments:

Stefanie said...

OMG, this is crazy! What's most important is that River and you are safe and healthy. If that means he has to come early, then that's what it means. But sounds like things are going the way you want them to, and we'll be meeting River soon. Can't wait!!

Jennifer said...

Excited for you! Either way, natural or not, it will be you and River's story, and it will be beautiful! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Mom said...

Stripping membranes is a different kind of pain from contractions. Don't let that discourage you, but do what you must do. It will be the right thing. Love you!

Elizabeth said...

I agree with your mom....stripping membranes is a different pain. Ooh, makes me shudder to remember. And I'll bet that pain made your bp go up more! I always hated that. Always be safe rather than sorry and REST, despite how hard it is to sit and do "nothing." Don't mess with bp. You do not want to learn the hard way that you overdid it, right?! Everyone that loves you wants a safe and healthy baby River and Mommy Tiff! Can't wait to hear the news that he is here!!

Kristi Petrak said...

Uggh!! I'm so glad you're okay!! Wow, that did not sound pleasant...

Aunt Becky said...

I remember well those "stripped membranes" and the pain! I almost kicked the doctor in the face. But as others have said, it is a different type of pain. That act, and walking the hospital halls, brought Rachael later that night. Anxious to hear that little River is here - but it sure would be nice to have him here on the 23rd - although I think he'll be here sooner than that! Love you, Tiff!! And you'll do great :)

Kim Hodges said...

I agree with your mom, too! You'll do great with or without meds!

Anonymous said...

Lots of good info has been given by your blog "commenters". Listen to them. I believe you have God to help you through the pain, and you have your husband to comfort and love you. I am excited to have another great-grandchild! #17!