Saturday, February 26, 2011

My milkshake.....

I just had to share my favorite snack right now! It's pretty much snow ice-cream without the snow. I've been eating massive amounts of this every evening!

Here's how I do it....
1/2 blender of crushed ice ( you could use cubes, but you might wanna cut back on the milk a little)
Skim milk to the level of the ice
1 Tbs vanilla (I use tons more cause I love it)
1/4 cup of splenda

Blend it all together (this is why crushed ice works better). I don't feel bad eating so much of it bc it's not really that bad for you. Some may argue the splenda is bad, if so, use sugar! Tonight I put sugar free caramel creamer in it. Another time I used instant coffee and coco for a mocha taste. I bet frozen or fresh fruit would be good as well, if you like fruit. :)

This seems like such a great healthy(ier) alternative to milkshakes and ice-cream. Plus, it's cheaper!!

Here's the original link I used.

http://www.food.com/recipe/south-beach-milkshakes-143544

Enjoy!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Yum! I am all over this! But I think I might add a little bit of peanut butter to mine...

Kristi Petrak said...

Mmm, sounds good!! I like Deborah's idea too!! Peanut butter, yum... :)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, Tiffany. I hope you are doing well, and loving the thought of having a baby soon. I love you.

Mom said...

Sounds very yummy! I'll bet you are enjoying the cool, yumminess of it.