My Christmas tree topper
Can you guess which pumpkin is mine?
See the necklace in the middle? It's my big owl necklace, I always wear my small owl necklace that's why it's not hanging up there. I also have two pairs of owl earrings.

And here is my door stop. Awesome, huh?
And this is my bathroom. See the owl stickers on the mirror ad the green towel with an embroidered owl?

So this post isn't all about how much I like owls. I wanted to start out this post by showing how much I like owls b/c it makes my Vday so special!!!
It all started out at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.......
Sunday was so cold so there weren't many people at the zoo. (we saw two other people) and the animals were SO active. The lions were roaring, the mountain lions were running around.....
The giraffe's were all inside and ready to be fed.....
and the peacock wouldn't not stop showing off......
But the best part was the owl (of course). Several weeks ago Todd called and got ahold of the owl trainer to see if we could interact with the owl. The owl trainer (Ashley) was so excited that someone wanted to come see her owl! The best way to tell about the experience is to post pictures... so here we go!!
This is Hoosier the Barn Owl. Isn't he just beautiful!?!
I GOT TO FEED HIM! He came out to meet me and I got to take part in the "training" process.
and of course, we can't forget all the flowers Todd got me! I was showered with flowers. I got a bouquet at school on Friday, one long stem white rose and a dozen red roses on Vday.
and I must say this South Beach diet must be working b/c I fit into a SMALL formal dress for dinner at The Melting Pot where I REALLY cheated on the diet. I figured ONE cheat day in two months isn't bad... then again, I did have white chocolate/ carmel swirl and rice crispy treats, cheesecake, marshmallows and lots of other sugary goodies to dip.
I obviously had a FABULOUS Valentines Day.
PS: We've already decided that next years Vday will be a home made dinner and cards..... he'll be paying this one off for a long time! ;)

6 comments:
Pat and I have decided that next time we go to the Melting Pot, we are just going to get cheese for an appetizer and the chocolate!
Glad you had a good Valentine's Day, and I love your post title--so creative!
Glad you had such a memorable day. Todd's a pretty good guy. Plans for "Next year" is a good thing. :)
Glad you had such a memorable day. Todd's a pretty good guy. Plans for "Next year" is a good thing. :)
So thoughtful of Todd to think of something so specific to what you love! We like owls, too. I'll send you a pic of Kalleigh's owl shirt she's wearing today!
I had no idea you like owls! I'm glad to learn something new.
On a side note, owls have freaked me out ever since 2nd grade when my teacher covered the classroom with owls and had one hovering over the reading center. :)
So nice that you have a fun-filled VDay. Todd's a smart one! Looks like you had a great time!
Post a Comment