Sunday, February 07, 2010

OH MY! a new all-time favorite!

Ok, so today was not a great "food" day for me.  I NEVER had a craving for chocolate until this diet. and I've been giving in. I finished a movie theater box of Milk Duds in a week. This morning I had 6 milk duds. For breakfast I had 1C of Grapenuts, then for lunch I had TWO mini-wheat bagels, turkey and the the 6 milk duds. then I took a nap. A NAP, after chocolate! not good. So I woke up and what did I do? I had a dark chocolate square filled with carmel. I'm telling, you the chocolate is killing me! So I decided, NO bad CARBS for dinner tonight. and I had found my most favorite recipe so far on south beach (yes, right above the white chili) So here we go.... (with pictures this time!)

First preheat the oven to 450 (both of these foods cook at 450, so convenient)
We'll start out with the chicken (not the favorite but so yummmm!)
Here's the "cast" for the Chicken "show" :)
2TBS EVOO, 2TBS lemon juice, 1tsp dill, 1tsp salt, 2 garlic clove minced
Mix it all up......
 and marinate thawed chicken (2 large, or 3 small breasts) in mixture for 30min


That was easy, now it's time for the side dish.... SWEET POTATO FRIES... oh my these are AMAZING.....
Ok, the "cast" for the SP Fries
One SP cut up in to "fry sizes", 1Tbs EVOO, 1/4 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp salt (I used a little more than 1/4 tsp of both)
Ok, so coat the sweet potatoes with the seasoned oil mixture and lay them on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Put the marinated chicken in a baking dish and it all looks a little something like this.....

Put the chicken in the preheated oven. It needs to cook for 30min. I put the chicken in for 15 min then I added the sweet potatoes to the oven for the last 15 min.  after I pulled the chicken out I put the oven on Broil "High" and broiled them for a SHORT time (like 3min) be careful they'll burn!
As soon as I took them out I added a little more salt. This is when I wish I had kosher salt b/c it is more corse than regular salt. But the regular salt worked just fine.  I added some cut up raw veggies (my favorite) and this was the end product.....

Oh my goodness I can't begin to explain how wonderful this dinner is. Those sweet potato fries were so amazing. I thought they would need more seasoning, but the combo of the paprika and salt was perfect! I could eat a never ending amount of these fries. The chicken is SO flavorful and moist.  Try it, it's so yummy, and WAY healthy for you! 

Hopefully this will make up for my massive amounts of chocolate today. :(

And here is just a cute picture that I HAD to post.  My friend Kristin came over last night and she was watching our friend Josh's puppy. Oh my this thing is about the cutest thing I've ever seen!!!  he found my basket of blankets and made it his bed.
Is that not one of the cutest faces ever!

Good night world!!!!

5 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

I love sweet potato fries!! They are awesome. I need to make them more often. I will try the chicken recipe. And post the white bean chili - I love that stuff too!

Deborah said...

Sweet potato fries are one of my favorite foods of all time. However, I have yet to make a batch that I actually like. Thanks for posting this recipe.

Aunt Donna said...

Sweet potatoes fixed ANY way are one of my favorites. I even love them raw! Your dinner looks yummy. Think I'll make it for tonight! :)

Stefanie said...

That seems like something Milo would do. He always finds blankets or clothes to sleep on!

Anyway, that dinner (well, the sweet potato fries) does look really good! Not sure if it will beat the SB White Chili though. :)

Mom said...

I need to try all these recipes. When I get electricity again, I will definately try the sweet potato fries. I need to get the white bean chili recipe again. It is in one of your recent posts isn't it? Enjoyed our visit on the phone today. Love you so much!