Monday, June 16, 2008

Positivity and peace, please!

Thank goodness I got tagged. I've been wanting to update, but don't feel like I have had a very positive attitude so didn't know what to write. Quick run down of what has gone on in the past week. We found two houses we love in Wilmington that we want to buy. After wrestling with it for a couple days we made and offer on a house, they counter offered and we accepted. I was THRILLED! It actually looked like we were moving toward a more "adult" life... maybe, just maybe, kids would be next.... but no, the bank decided not finance us when they found out that James is getting of the Army on July 18th and that I have not signed a contract with the schools down there yet. We lost the house. Also the three jobs I applied for down there did not even give me an interview. Just another reminder that we do not have security right now and we will be in our 30s before we should start thinking about having children. This may not be a big deal to some, but it totally breaks my heart, I've wanted to be a mommy since I was 7! ha ha

The positive: Through prayer, daily devotion and my mom telling me so, I have learned that I do not have enough patience, peace or trust that God will take care of us. I've been more diligent in my daily bible readings and I think I pray more than I talk these days. God will open a door! I know He will! and I'm trying to find peace in the fact that neither James or I have a job next month or even any prospects. We may have to reenlist which means another LONG deployment, which also breaks my heart.

It all seems so small in comparison to the huge problems of the world, but please pray for us. Pray for peace for me, and that God opens a door and make is obvious to us! I could go on and on about it all but instead I'm going to fill out my "Tag" from Deborah!

Here it goes!

What were you doing 5 years ago?

1. It was summer and I was in Africa.

2. Getting ready to start my last semester at Harding

3. Enjoying hanging out with the best and most Christian friends I have ever had.

4. Getting a bit nervous about working in the "real world".

5. Looking for a husband! ha ha

What are 5 things on your To-Do list today?

1. Clean out the Junk Drawer

2. Vacuum the living room and bedrooms, sweep and mop the bathroom floors.

3. Apply for at least two more jobs.

4. Do a load of laundry

5. SING and SMILE while I work! :)

What are 5 snacks you enjoy?

1. Goldfish

2. Oat Bran Sticks

3. Dried Bananas

4. Sunflower Seeds

5. French Fries (my weakness)

What are 5 things you'd do if you were a Billionaire?

1. Pay off my college loans and car

2. Donate

3. Buy a house

4. Hire a housekeeper

5. Pay off the lake house for mom and dad.

What are 5 of your bad habits?

1. WORRYING!

2. Chewing my fingernails

3. eating way to unhealthy

4. not picking up after myself

5. TV

What are 5 jobs that you've had?

1. Videos to Go girl (for about a month)

2. Harding Admissions Office Assistant (best job EVER)

3. Music Teacher

4. Piano/ Voice Teacher

5. And my favorite ~ Photographer

Name 5 places where you have lived

1. Mannington, WV

2. Searcy, AR

3. Southern Pines, NC

4. Lillington, NC

5. Spring Lake, NC

Who are 5 people you want to tag?

1. Tiffany D.

2. Elizabeth

3. Nicole

4. Stefanie

5. Megan

(You guys don't have to do it) :)

5 comments:

Nicole B. Guthridge said...

Well, even though I really need to write my 8 pg research paper that's due Monday, I'll do it anyway. :) And you know what...if you wait till you're financially sound and completely ready to have kids, you will never have them. Have them when it "feels" right! Or in my case, when it just happens, lol.

Deborah said...

My favorite it that "singing" and "smiling" are on your to-do list. I have many days where I need to write that in!

Praying for peace in your heart.

Can't wait to see you and give you a big hug!

Kristi Petrak said...

I hear ya. Sometime's I still feel like I'm in college--not just because I am, but because I'm one of the last cousins to have not had a kid! Patience will come, for BOTH of us. Love you girl and am thinking about you. ^_^

Anonymous said...

I have wished over the past few days that I could just gather you up in my arms and give you a big hug and perhaps shed a few tears with you. You have been in my heart and prayers a lot recently. You're growing stronger with every experience dear because you know when true strength comes from. I've missed talking to you recently...call! :) I love you both so very much.

Rachel said...

I can honestly say that even though I am thrilled to be having this baby in 6 weeks, I am scared to death! Casey still hasn't been able to find a job, and we have NO idea where the money will come from! Things happen, and God will provide. I will add you in my prayers for peace!