Sunday, June 08, 2008

Happy Birthd......National Trail Day!

Yesterday was my 27th Birthday! YEA! It just happened to be National Trail Day so James and I decided to volunteer with REI to "clean up a trail" at Blue Jay Point County Park in Raleigh. Yesterday it was 107 degrees. Yes 107! I figured we would do little things like, pick up trash, prune the bushes, or maybe even plant flowers, but no! When we got there we realized that we were going to rough cut a new trail. In other words, follow the orange flags and make a trail from nothing..... in 107 degree weather. There were about 25 people working on the trail and each "buddy group" worked on 10 feet of trail. We were actually done in an hr and 1/2! Oh, and we didn't see ONE snake... thank goodness! Here are a few pictures to document our work and fun! Check out the link to the right of the page for more pictures that I don't post on here.

Our new awesome shirts!


Us after our trail was finished


The before picture


During the hard labor.



Our section of the trail is finished!


Here are my birthday presents from James.

My new (brown soled) chacos, just the most AWESOME chacos in the WORLD!!!



YEA! I got the RayBan sunglasses that I've REALLY been wanting!!! SO cool!


I also got a new pair of Sperrys b/c my old one were getting yucky! I don't have a picture b/c I didn't wear them yesterday.

Thanks to all my family and friends who thought of me on my birthday! It was great!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to "give back" to Mother Earth for sustaining you for 27 years. Glad you had a good birthday. Looks like you were well rewarded! Sperry's, Chaco's, and Ray Ban's!? Wow! Now let the Anti-consumerism groups get a hold of you! Ha! That's o.k....Chaco's never end up in landfills...they just get re-souled.

Anonymous said...

What a great way to spend your birthday, Tiffany! It looks like it was a fun one! Nice Chacos!!

Stefanie said...

YAY! And I hope dinner went well...Sounds like you got a lot of cool stuff...I'm so jealous!
:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. And great presents too!

Deborah said...

Love the Chaco's!

cassandra and zachary said...

I'm glad you had such an eventful and fun birthday and that you got what you wanted! We wanted to be with you, but obviously we are unavoidably detained. Love the chacos. Come visit us in Maine. The end.

Nicole B. Guthridge said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I think it is very admirable that you did that trails thing, especially on your birthday, I'm too lazy to do something like that on my birthday, on mine we watched the Super Bowl and ate Ribeye steaks, lol. Plus I ate a bunch of cheesecake, so you definitely had a healthier birthday and I'm sure a very happy one with your hubby!!!

Kristi Petrak said...

Yea!! Happy birthday! How fun. Glad you had a good time on your birthday. Love you! ^_^ (Love your shoes, too...)