Thursday, June 07, 2007

I've been waiting 2 years for these words!

It happened. After two long years of going to meetings that don't have anything to do with me, dealing with a principal that just does not seem to be understanding of MY situation as a MUSIC teacher, after being told "because I said so" when asked why I should go to a three hr. literacy meeting..... I finally heard the words I've been wanting to hear for 2 years.
Here's the story:
A staff meeting was called yesterday morning for right after school (Wed). Usually our staff meetings are on Tues. I used to have piano lessons on Tues. but when I left a meeting early (a meeting about math homework on the computer) I was told, by my principal, that, [on Tuesdays] I can keep you here as late as I want." So I made my lessons for Wed. right after school. I went to my principal and asked her if needed to rescheule my piano lesson for later in the afternoon so I could attend today's staff meeting. She said, "the meeting won't be that long, don't worry about it". I said "are you sure, it's the end of the year and I don't want to miss an important meeting." And then the words came that I've been wanting to hear for two years..... She said,
"Don't worry about going to the meeting. You don't need to go because it doens't apply to you."

YEA! finally after two years... she said it! I DID go to 15min of the meeting and then made it home in time for my first lesson.

Today is my birthday; the big 26... down hill to 30!. A student came to me this morning and gave me a beautiful boquet of flowers. She was with her mom and her mom said that Victoria (the little girl) didn't think it was right that I had to be away from my husband on my birthday! I couldn't agree more. Isn't that just so sweet?!? We really do have some sweet ones here at school. Tomorrow night a bunch of teachers are going to dinner for my birthday at the Mexican resturant. It should be fun. Right now there are 11 people going!!! I'm excited about it.

My new principal sounds really sweet. I'm excited to start the year off fresh next year. I've heard only good things about her!

Tomorrow is the last day of school for the kids. It is a half day!

So to sum up this blog, I hope you all are having just as great of a week as I am!!!

8 comments:

Stefanie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I can't wait to hear all about it! Make sure you get some cheese dip!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday dear! Sorry we can't spend it together. We will have to make up for it when you come in for some time this summer. By the way, when are you planning on coming in? Can't wait! Glad to hear that your principal is relaxing a little. I'm sure she is as anxious to retire as her staff is for her to retire. Who is your new principal? Not that I would know her, but is it someone that you already know, or have had professional dealing with? Have lots of fun at your birthday dinner. Yum...Mexican food sounds yummy! I love you so much.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! So you're getting a new principle? Maybe next year won't be so bad after all. I'm glad it's all working out for you. Enjoy your Mexican dinner.

Anonymous said...

Tiffany,

Happy Belated Birthday. I thought of you yesterday, and I truly meant to call, but then I thought you would be busy with festivities with family. I forgot that you were still in school. :)

joyfully...

p.s. I understand sitting through meetings that don't apply. :)

Nicole B. Guthridge said...

i'm glad that things are finally going your way with your work! I hope that you will enjoy your next year but before that really enjoy your summer!!!

Kristi Petrak said...

Whee-hoo! glad you're having a good week, have a good principal and sweet kids. Hope your week continues to be good. ^_^ Glad you enjoyed your birthday!

cassandra and zachary said...

wow, do we suck. Sorry about the belated happy birthday wish, but there it is. We really miss you and I am so glad to hear that things are finally going your way at school. Can't wait to see you next week. Cranberry Away!

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday (A few days late!) URg-I hated those meetings when they DID apply to me. Hopefully next year will be much more positive.