Sunday, October 15, 2006

Stef and the HOUSE!

Well, it's been a while so I have quite a bit to write!

Last weekend we spent FIVE HRS in the mud! YES FIVE HRS. I did NOT want to go 4wheeling last Sat. but James just wanted to go off road a "couple times". So we did, and the last time I said, "Honey, don't push your luck. It's muddy, you'll get stuck. Please don't go in there, lets just go eat I'm hungry!" But of course, he had to prove that we wouldn't get stuck and we did. We had six guys at the jeep trying to pull it out. They tried to pull it out for about four hrs then it was way to dark so they gave up and put me in the clean car and sent us to Walmart to get more tow straps (seeing as we broke the last FOUR we had). So we went to walmart while the other guys got cleaned up. After we got the straps we headed back to where we were supposed to meet the guys and they weren't there. So the guy I was with decided that WE were going to get the jeep out ourselves. WHAT?!?!? Get it out ourselves... are you KIDDING ME?!?!?! I did not want to go back there without James, but I didn't have a choice I was in his car and he wasn't about to go home without getting that jeep out. SO we got there, I got in the jeep he tied it up to his truck with the tow straps (which were longer) and drove the truck back up to more solid ground. It took us about five min. but we got the car out! I WAS DRIVING! I was so pumped. Even though I was STARVING and not exactly thrilled with my adventurous husband being the one in the drivers seat when the jeep got out MADE MY NIGHT! We went back, found the guys, and let them know we got it out. Of course, I had all the comments like, "honey it just took a women in the drivers seat!" SO FUNNY!

This weekend we went to visit Stefanie in Columbia and had a great time! We went to the zoo and got to feed the giraffes. It was great! The snakes weren't so great. I made a fool out of myself by crying and trying to leave the building when I realized I was surround by snakes on three sides. I did walk through (with my head buried on James' chest) so that I could get to the aquarium exhibits. I think I would've handled it better if we went to the snakes LAST. I was thinking about the whole time we were at the zoo and dreading it. So when we walked in the building my heart starting racing and I panicked. oh, well... maybe I'll do better next time! :) Then Sat. night we went out on the town and stayed out extremely late. We all had a great time! :)



This is Stef and her dog Milo




James entertained the Dog and the dog entertained James



Also, this weekend we started moving into our NEW HOUSE! Yes, I said HOUSE.... not an apt., townhouse, or duplex, but a HOUSE. Now it is not OURS yet, we ARE renting it but we do have the option of buying the house if we like it and want to stay in NC (ha ha, yea right!) here are a few facts about the house; three bedrooms, two full baths, fire place, formal dining room, breakfast nook, and a large back yard. It is in a cute subdivision where alot of my students live. I'm sure that holidays like Easter and Halloween are going to be a BLAST with all those kids around! :) Here are a few pics for you to enjoy of the house!
Here's the HOUSE!








12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

How fun! What great pictures. I hope you guys enjoy the house. Way to "be the man" and get that Jeep out of the mud.

Kristi Petrak said...

Congrats, Tiff! You'll have fun living in your first home. That's wonderful! I also agree with Elizabeth--way to be the man! ^_^

Anonymous said...

The house looks great! I know you'll have fun decorating. :)

Anonymous said...

OOOh - love the house. Who knows -- you might stay in NC and you'll already be in a house. It looks like a great house.
Getting stuck in the mud -- not my idea of a fun day! However, I seem to remember your dad with my husband and that generation of guys having a ball driving Papaw's truck out in the "nether-regions" and getting stuck in the mud and then getting it out. Seems like I remember something about a broken tie-rod in the midst of all this too, but that's another story. :) Glad you got your Jeep out without anything getting broken.

Kim Hodges said...

Love the house! Congrats! No more sharing walls with other people!

Anonymous said...

YAY for you coming to visit me and that pic of James and Milo is SO cute! I LOVE it!

I love the house too, and wow! what a backyard! I can't wait to do a cookout there!

Had a great weekend! Miss you already!

Anonymous said...

that is an awesome house!!! I'll HAVE to come and visit now!! *wink wink* hehe!! I love you!! Hope you have fun moving into the house!! It's perfect for you guys!!! Can't wait to see you!!

<333

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! The house looks wonderful! Can't wait to see it in a couple weeks. I hope it is still o.k. for me to come visit. Send me lots of great detailed directions. Stef looks beautiful!
James and Milo are cute too.

Anonymous said...

You go girl! You can always make some extra money running a towing service on the side. Love the house - it is so cute! Can't wait to come visit you guys - plenty of rooms to stay. And when did you get a dog? He is so cute (the dog, I mean) but James is pretty cute too. he-he. Love you lots!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the pics! Your house looks great -- so new and CLEAN!! Enjoy!

cassandra and zachary said...

aw man, a house...? I want one! It is soo cute, Tiff and I was sooo excited when I got your flowers this morning. They are beautiful and I was so suprised. You're wonderful and we will come see you and your cute new house soon. love, love.

Anonymous said...

Great house...I'm so proud of you guys...y'all make it a HOME!
love ya
dad