
This past weekend my Mom came to visit me in NC! She got to see the new house before anyone else in the family. It's was so nice to be around family. I find it strange how mom and I had did not excatly get along while I was living in her house. As a teenage there was alot of yelling and arguing between us. My dad always told me that the reason why we didn't get along is because we are so much alike. Of course, I did not want to believe that at all! As a typical, selfish teenager I would think, "I am NOTHING like HER!" I don't know what it was that brought us so much closer. Maybe all of the "hard times" our family had gone through, maybe I just finally "grew up", maybe I had to MOVE OUT and get away to realize how wonderful she is and actually MISS her, or maybe dad was right, we are alot alike. I'm sure that all of these reasons contribute to why my mom is my best friend now (well, besides James, of course)! And now that I am not that "know it all teenager" I really do HOPE that I am turning into the wonderful Christian, God fearing, mother, wife, servant, and friend that mom is and always has been!
I LOVE YOU MOMMA! :)
9 comments:
Awww ... Kudos to Aunt Kathy!
I can totally relate! Me and my mom didn't get along too well in high school, but I respect her SO much now and I love her more than anything. I think though that maybe we hated our parents in high school because they were being just that...PARENTS! I'm glad that my mom wasn't my "best friend" in high school because she needed to be a mother!
And your mom did a GREAT JOB!
:)
What a great weekend! And you just made me cry! That is so sweet. Maybe there is hope! I am so proud of you and the beautiful christian woman you have grown into. You are amazing. Of course, I am your Mom.
By that, I meant, "I am probably prejudiced with that comment", not that "Of course you are wonderful, look who your Mother is!" :)
Yep, yer right TR...she is the best! But I've known that for 30 years!
Glad you guys had a great weekend!
Love you!
Tiff, you made me cry too! I think you must have been on your best behavior when we were around, because I don't remember you arguing that much with your Mom. However, I said it then, "Tiff is just like her mother!" Your personalities are so alike, and you are beautiful just like she is. Our girls have always said you look like her too! Love you and glad she could be with you this past weekend.
Ditto on the crying thing for me! I hope my girls say the same things about me! You are their role model, so maybe you can guide them down that path - and maybe we can pass right over that "yelling and arguing" phase. Yea, right! I love you, Tiffy Rose, and we can't wait to see you!! Thanks for the phone call - I will return the call.
Oh - I meant to add that I'm so proud of you and so thankful that Hannah and Rachael have such a wonderful example to look up to!
What a sweet blog! That makes me want to call MY mother! I love that picture, too. that was so sweet!!!!
Post a Comment