Saturday, October 21, 2006

Gettin There

So the house is "gettin' there". We got everything moved in on Wed. evening and turned the keys into our landlady at the duplex. I'm still in the process of setting up and probably will be for a while.

James left late last night for his 3 week deployment to LA. He called this morning when they got there and it doesn't exactly sound like they are staying in a Hilton. He is not looking forward to the next three weeks so please keep him in your prayers.

Last night Robin and Chrissy Vick stayed in our new guest room. They are friends from Harding and they were up at our church (Helen Street Church of Christ) for the Marriage Enrichment Seminar. James and I really wanted to go, but of course couldn't because of the army sending him away. They got to meet James for about 10min before he had to head out the door. It is neat, and weird, how comforting it was to find out that there are Harding people close by (less than 3hrs.). It was so nice to have conversation with them last night. They were up and out the door before I woke up this morning. OOPS!

This afternoon I went and bought our first WASHER DRYER! This is VERY exciting news for us seeing as we've been heading onto post everytime we want our laundry done. I got a real nice Whirlpool model and they guy will be out here on Wed. to install it. I'm PUMPED about it! I can't wait to do laundry. (don't quote me on that in 2yrs.)

The next big purchase I need to make is a lawn mower. We will probably have to mow our lawn a couple more times before it starts freezing and dying or stops growing or whatever grass does in the winter! I know NOTHING about mowing a lawn. I REALLY want a riding mower but James feels that since are "young and inshape" we need to get a push mower! I agree with young thing (to an extent) but I'm not sure sure about the "inshape" thing FOR ME! Maybe a push mower will get me in shape! :) Anyway, if you have any suggestions for what KIND of mower I should get let me know! I wouldn't know anything if it wasn't for my dad's help.

I REALLY wanted to post some pictures on here. I have a real cute on of James in his gear and a couple of the house getting decorated. BUT we've seemed to have lost the chord in to the camera in the move.... so well have to wait on the pictures! :( Sorry!

4 comments:

Stefanie said...

What kind of washer/dryer did you guys decide on? Glad it's all coming together at the house! I have no suggestions for a lawn mower. If I were in your shoes, I would just find some kid and pay them to do it! haha! Glad the company is going well too! Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

yea!! I happy for you!! I love you sooo much and I CAN NOT wait to see you again!!! Hope your doing well!!

Kim Hodges said...

2 years? I'd be tired of laundry after 2 days! I haven't done a load since Kalleigh was born. My mom and John's mom did it all for us, and now they're gone ... and now we don't have anything clean to wear!

I have to admit that I was thrilled when we got our first washer & dryer, too. I even took a picture of John hooking it up!

Kristi Petrak said...

I agree with you and Kim about the washer/dryer thing. New purchases like that in a marriage are FUN, even though the actual dirty laundry may not be...^_^

Love much!