I LOVE this time of year, and now that I'm not a teacher (I'm no longer saying "not working"), I LOVE it even more. The only thing that could make it better would be to live next to my mom, dad, sisters and brothers. I miss them!
We've done alot of baking, which River loves. He has learned what the sound of the mixer means, and he stands right at the counter until I hand him the beater.
I'm watching a little girl (10weeks old) every week day. Her momma is a teacher so she is with us from about 7am-4:30pm. This week she will be here from 6:45-5ish, I really enjoy having her here, and River just thinks she's the best thing. It has been good for him and he is momma's little helper. He really loves to "hold" her.
On Saturday mornings, we get to watch TV in the master bedroom and he gets really excited abut it. When I say, "wanna watch TV in momma's big bed?" He squeals really loud, "BED?!?"
Ok, I'll admit it. We don't bathe this child enough. But in our defense, we live in desert climate (look it up, it's true) and if we bathe him daily or even every other day then his skin gets very dry. We just wipe him down every night with wash clothes that have baby oil in it.
I've been trying to make bath an opportunity for a sensory activity. This time we did a "sky bath", blue food coloring and daddy's shaving cream. He loved the shaving cream and did not want to get out.
My boys love the TV show WipeOut. Riv laughs when we laugh b/c that's what he thinks he's supposed to do, but he does love to watch the show with us.
While Nana was in Disney she got him this Mickey Hat. It comes with sunglasses as well. A hat and sunglasses.... even though we are far away, Nana knows what her grandbaby likes!
Like I said, we've been baking alot. I made these awesome pumpkin muffins. I got the recipe from my sisters blog. She said they were amazing and she was right.
Funny story with these: River helped me make them and this was the first time he's helped bake something. He had alot of fun and did a great job. I left him with job of mixing the strudel topping while I took the batter bowl to the sink. I turned my back for about 30 seconds and when I turned back around he had TWO fists full of the strudel and was shoving it in his mouth as quickly as possible. The whole time he was watching me out of the corner of his eye. When I turned around he dropped his head and said, with his mouth full of strudel, "Sawy, mommy" (sorry)
I couldn't help buy laugh.
I've also decided to MAKE some of our Christmas Cards this year. I just took all of my old scrap book stuff and started putting it all together. I made almost 30 cards and then I ordered 10 cards off the internet. I'm not sure who the lucky people will be, the ones that get the professionally made ones or the homemade ones.....
I had some pumpkin left over from the muffins so I made some pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls. They are really good, but the icing makes them delicious. It was fun to make these b/c it reminded me of my mom making these, I cut them with dental floss just like my momma did.
Here is the recipe I used: PUMPKIN CINNAMON ROLLS . I only used this one b/c I had all the ingredients on hand. It was good, but if you use another one, I would suggest still using this recipe for the icing.
My house smells like the holidays b/c I have the wonderful concoction sitting on the warmer. I used our food dehydrator to make this and keep extra on hand for when the smell runs out. I really like it! Just make sure to turn off the burner before you go to bed... we didn't last night and my pan is ruined. :(
Speaking of pans, I just have to share my new toy! It's the Pampered Chef Roaster, I can't wait to use it. I was able to get it with my Pampered Chef points so it was kind of "free". I'm still selling Pampered Chef so if you want to order some Christmas presents, please let me know and I can order it and have it all shipped to your house!
My website is www.pamperedchef.biz/tiffanybasnett
Please feel free to share with family and friends!
Well that's my quick updates. Things will be busy this week, lots of fun things planned.











2 comments:
Yay for the update! I think I will be making the pumpking cinnamon rolls. They really look yummy! I also made the pumpkin muffins. They were enjoyed at school more than here at the house. Guess we are not that much of pumpkin fans.
I wish I lived there so you could watch Lizzy! I'm so glad you're enjoying your new job. :)
Post a Comment