- 17lbs 14 oz (17%)--- yes this chunky baby is only in the 17%
- 28in
- head is around the 70% (not sure of the exact number)
- he is saying, "mama, dada, nana, and uh oh"
- anytime music is playing he "sings" along and rocks back and forth
- he is highly attached to momma (and I love it)
- he eats EVERYTHING, he has loved every food I've given him. Right now he still eats VERY healthy (except when we are visiting Nana and Aunt E in WV) ;)
- I am still nursing and we both love it
Right now he is trying to work on
- crawling
- pulling up
-standing with some help
- drinking from a sippy cup
At our most recent doctors appointment Dr C. was a tad bit concerned about River's right leg. It turns out a little to much and she's thinks this may contribute to his unwillingness to try crawling, pulling up, standing etc. She didn't act too concerned and said that the human body is made to walk and he will eventually walk, but that he should at least be trying to crawl, roll, scoot, pull up or something to be mobile and he just isn't. He has no desire to be mobile (I'm not complaining! ;) )
Anyway, we were referred to a physical therapist where they will do an evaluation and possibly fit him for some type of insert/brace for his right leg. We were just told today that our insurance probably won't cover this. :( We plan on taking him to our chiropractor first as he thinks he can help fix the problem in a less invasive and cheaper way.
So that's the latest on River. Sorry, I haven't posted much, I tend to update on facebook. However, I wanted to share this with family and friends... and not my 300 facebook "friends".

4 comments:
Love the update on River. Looks like he is growing so well, and I hope the chiropractor can help his leg. Doesn't sound like it's too serious though.
Interesting new blog set-up you have here too. Hopefully, for the non-tech-person like me, it will be easy to navigate. :)
Love,
Aunt Donna
Good to read about River. I'm glad you are keeping such a great record of his development. It will be a treasure in the years to come.
Been thinking about you guys! Hope the chiropractor can help River. Keep the pictures coming - loving that little guy from a distance :) Love you, and keeping you in our prayers.
Yay! I love reading about that precious baby boy. We are planning a trip to CO this summer, but I'm not sure how close we'll be to COS. If we're close enough, I am dying to meet Todd and that sweet little River!
Post a Comment