River is 10 months old (well was a few weeks ago). So far we've had an interesting 10th month. We went to his first physical therapy appointment, just like I figured, it's a little more than a turned out foot. While his foot is actually turned out a little bit, it's more of a problem of his legs being very weak. The physical therapist gave us three exercises to work on, rolling, getting up on all fours, and pulling to standing. I haven't noticed it getting better in the past two weeks, but hopefully it will start working. He is still not rolling around to get things like most babies his age (or younger), he has never gotten up on all fours on his own, and does not pull up on things. I wasn't concerned at first, but I'm starting to become a little concerned. He's almost 11 months old and he's not scooting or moving around. He just moves differently than all babies his age and most babies younger than him. We'll just keep working and hope he gets stronger as time goes on.
One thing is for sure.... he's A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!
I've been trying to get the photography business up and going again. It's going pretty good. I have a hard time understanding how some photographers can get multiple shoots in a week and I'm fighting to get a couple a month. I'm thankful that I have what I do, and hoping that it will pick up some how. Not sure what else to do to get it out there though.
This was a photo shoot from a fashion class. It was held at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort. All the ladies took a class then went to Denver to pick out clothes and had a fashion show at the end of the day.
I did this shoot as a favor for the Art teacher at my school (and to hopefully get my name out there). This cute little blond is such a sweetie and loved being my "model" for the morning.
Of course, then there is my sweet Valentine.
I LOVED doing this photo shoot of Miss Maya. She's just 8 weeks old and was so easy to photograph. Here mommy got these photos done as a Valentines Day Surprise for her daddy. This same mom booked a 3,6,9, and 12 month shoot as well. Then one of her friends booked a package for three shoots. :) So thankful for these jobs.
In other news: I will be starting private piano/voice lesson in my home in March. Two of my students (a 4yr old and a 6yr old) will be starting the first week of March and the other two (two 6th graders) will be starting sometime this summer. I'm also trying to get one or two children to watch in my home as a kind of "home-daycare". I got an email this morning from a teacher expecting a boy in April. I really hope that goes through. And of course, there's my Pampered Chef business. I have a party tonight and I have two more in March. If you ever want to order PC products then visit my personal website www.pamperechef.biz/tiffanybasnett Why am I doing all of this, you may ask?.... WELL, I put in my notice that I will not be returning to my music teaching job in the fall. I want to stay home with River. So I need a few jobs to help make up my teaching paycheck. It's a scary time right now, but I'm excited about being with him every day. I'm trying to have faith that the Lord will place something in my life to make up for the lost income.







1 comment:
Tiff! So proud of you for being brave enough to quit teaching at the school. i know those kids will miss you because you're a wonderful teacher! but you'll have a lot of flexibility and i know you're great at photography, pampered cheffing, caring for babies, and teaching piano and voice lessons! i love you, hope to see you sometime soon and meet that sweet boy.
Post a Comment