I can't believe that my monster is six months old already! I am just shocked at how quickly time has flown by. The bassinet and baby swing are put away along with swaddle blankets (which he never used) and has been replaced with an activity gym and teething rings. He is so perfect in every way and being a mommy is everything and more I'd ever dreamed it could be. I LOVE being a momma and it seems so natural.
Here is some information about River at six months:
- he is in the 88% for height
- he dropped to the 23% for weight (more on that later)
- his head size is in the 56%
- he started eating baby foods: sweet potatoes, green beans and peas, we'll start squash this week.
- he LOVED sweet potatoes, but took a while to et used to the beans and peas (lots of gagging and looks of desperation)
- he is saying "da da" but no on cue. of course still working on mama
- even though he doesn't say 'moma' he is obsessed with momma! his eyes follow me all over the house and if I go to the other room he'll stare at the door way until I come back and of course, he greets me with a huge smile!
- he is a snuggle baby. when you hold him he holds you back. He loves to cuddle and nuzzle. :) I'm so thankful that he's a snuggle baby!
About his weight. Last time we went to the doctor (on monday) he had lost some weight. Only a couple ounces, but still it was weight loss from 4-6 months and not gaining like she wanted. She was not concerned, but still wants to see him again in four weeks just to make sure he is not continuing to lose weight. We have been exclusively breast feeding/pumping with the exception of twice when I tried rice cereal. She said that he should be eating baby food by now and that some babies his age are eating two jars a day. Everything I had read said that I could EBF until he was 6-9 months old. I planned on starting baby food consistently when he was six months, but I guess I should've started earlier. I did beat myself up over this for a little while.... I'm his mom, I should've known he was hungry, or I should be able to provide enough milk for him if I work hard enough at it. Anyway, I feel better about it now.... he was just ready for more food and he is more active. He is not eating baby food twice a day in addition to his normal milk supply.
The doctor did say that if I hadn't had gone back to work then my milk supply probably would've stayed high enough for him to be EBF and still gain weight. Oh well, this chile WILL gain weight in the next four weeks! :)
I love this face!!! One of my all time favorites, I'm so glad I caught it on camera.sweet baby boy
a picture on the guitar for grandaddy
I'm SOOO BIG! (can you believe those chubby legs need MORE weight?!?) :)
eyes on momma at al times!!!
My sweet boys!
Sorry that the video is sideways. It's quite a bit long, but it shows his development so well. This was taken a couple of weeks ago. he is much quicker at getting his bopper in now.










6 comments:
Wow, he's cuter than the Gerber baby!! :)
He is quite a persistent little guy!! What patience and determination. Loved it :)
Sweet pictures of a sweet boy and his loving parents. :)
The one of R on the guitar is my fav!! And I love the photos with dada. I mean, they're all cute :)
What a cutie! I, too, love the guitar picture.
Yes, I have a hard time believing that Mr. Chubbs needs to be gaining weight. Don't beat yourself up over it!! He is happy and healthy, and if we were raising babies even 25 years ago, the pediatrician would have said NOTHING about the few ounces of weight loss. Keep nursing, girl--I am so impressed you're keeping it up after going back to work. Wow.
Adorable. I can't believe I have waited this long to check your blog and get these new pics and video. What a patient little guy. He didn't get frustrated at all. Just kept trying.
Post a Comment