Tuesday, July 05, 2011

River is 3 months old

FYI: after reading this I realized that this post is mostly a post that a grandparent would want to read.  Feel free to skip the text and just look at the cute pictures :)

So my little River Monster is three months old.  They don't have a "well baby" check up at 3 months so we don't have stats right now. BUT he is in a research project at our local pediatrician's office which means he has more visits. We'll go in on Thursday and have all the important details then.  (for those wondering about the "research project", He is just getting all of his shots in a different order which is supposed to help eliminate several of the side affects that come with shots: fever, redness, irritability, etc..... they pay for every thing and we even get paid for travel and time)

My guess for weight: 15lbs 3oz (we'll see how close I am) :)

Here are his three month pics.
He hold his head up really well, is able to focus on us at far distances, and he "talks" alot!  He has been babbling for a while now, but just in the past several days he has started babbling all the time! We LOVE it! His favorite toy is his zubel "Zu-per Freddy" frog and when we sing his favorite song is "The fruits of the spirit" (especially the "cantalope, nope!" part). :) 
Now he is learning (notice the emphasis on learning) to hold toys, trying to sit up, reach for mommy and roll over.  While he did roll over many weeks ago, the pediatrician said that had to be a "fluke" because he shouldn't be rolling over that young. She was right, he's only done it twice since then and that was just in the past week.  We're working on it, but I'm not concerned..... the longer this baby stays immobile the easier it is for mommy! ;)

 He drools.... alot!  So we were thinking, "teething? no way, he's too young..... right???"  Well, I guess not. I have seen and felt TWO little white buds coming through.  They go back down and you can't see them some times so I question if they are really teeth.... but what else could they be?

I call this the "knuckles" pose. He's ready to do all the "knuckles animals" with nana. :)
He does not like Tummy time (which is why rolling over is just not really happening right now), or when mommy gets her food.  These are the two guaranteed times he will cry. 
 Todd has been able to spend alot of time with River recently, and he is LOVING his daddy!  We are both excited about this as River is a MOMMY'S BOY.  He still cries for mommy after a while, but at least daddy gets more than 5 minutes. :)
The tie onsie is getting a little small (it's 0-3 months) so I bought fabric to make three new ones! If you want to see how I make these click here.

PS: Have I mentioned recently how much I L-O-V-E being a mom? because, I DO!!! Even at the most frustrating times, all I have to do is remember how much I've always wanted this and it's not so frustrating any more.... well, most of the time. :)

UPDATE: This morning during "tummy time" River finally learned how to NOT have tummy time..... he rolls over, consistently! woo hoo! So we've got tummy to back down perfect, I'm not sure he'll EVER want to go from back to tummy, but I'm not concerned! :)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

He is so, so, so cute, Tiff! Glad things are going well!!

Stefanie said...

He's growing up too fast! Happy 3 months, River!!

Deborah said...

What a little cutie-pie. And, yes, as long as the food comes from Momma, he WILL be a Momma's boy! Once he is about 2 or 3, though, Daddy suddenly becomes the cooler parent...sorry to break it to you, but I've had a few boys. (Maybe another, we'll see very soon!)