Friday, July 15, 2011

My Baby Food making process

So I've been making baby food for River and freezing it for when we want to start solids in a couple months.  For those of you wondering how I do this, here's my process. 

Step 1: Steam the food that need to be cooked (veggies and apples mostly)
 Step 2: save some water that the food was boiling in.
 Step 3: Blend until it is... well, baby food consistency  :) This is where I would use the reserved water to make the consistance I needed.  You can also use breast milk which I do in the foods that don't need cooked before hand (avacados and bananas).
 Step 4 Pour and freeze in freezer trays.


Step 5: Store in freezer bags until you need them. I hear that all you have to do it heat it up for 25 seconds and it's ready.  Also the ice cube (if filled) is 2 oz. :)

I just have a few more fruits to do! :)


5 comments:

Mom said...

Looks very cool. How do you keep the avocado from turning brown?

Tiffany Rose said...

Surprisingly the avocado did not turn brown, but the bananas were a different story. I think that freezing immediately helped with the coloring.

Aunt Becky said...

Love it!! All the fruits look so pretty. River will love it all :)

Stefanie said...

When I get preggers you'll have to share all these great tips with me!

Anonymous said...

Tiffany, I am so proud of you with your conscientious care of River. I am so glad you and Todd have that little one. Thoughts of these little ones give me so much joy.