Last weekend we decided to go on a weekend get-away. We had never been to Vail or Breckenridge so why not! We got a hotel that allowed dogs so Bohdi went with us too! :) I'll tell the story in pictures....
This is the view from our hotel (oh, yeah and less than 2hrs from our house)
Sunday morning we visited Summit County Church of Christ. There were less than 20 people there, and the building was amazing!! Of course, they tried to talk us into staying in the area, little did they know that if there were jobs there for us, we'd be there in a heartbeat! :)
Then we went to Brekenridge and shopped at all the little shops and had a great lunch at Kenosha.
We visited an old museum where Todd took some pictures of miners for his dad.
Pretty cool pictures.
The night before we visited Vail. We didn't know where we were going but we parked our car in a [extremely expensive] parking garage and hoped on a bus. It took us to this really cool "magical place". They gave us free cookies and hot cider, kids were skating in this cool non-crowded skating rink.....
And then they lit this beautiful huge christmas tree!!
see... I told you, magical! lots of dancing trees, reindeer and candy canes
Todd made a new friend!
It was a great weekend!!! :) It's so nice to drive only 2hrs and end up in such a magical, winter wonderland!Baby update: I'm huge. I see the baby moving from the outside now, I feel him moving ALL THE TIME! He is a very active baby and I can't wait to see him again.... I'm feeling good, having a hard time sleeping but amazingly still have energy to make it through the work day. I've only passed out a couple times in the past two weeks. I hear that it "just happens" to some pregnant women and they don't ever figure it out. But it's really annoying when I'm singing with 20 5yr olds and feel like I have to lay down or pass out! Oh well, small price to pay for the amazing little one growing inside me, I'd do over and over again... passing out and all!!!! :) Next drs appointment is on Monday and next ultra-sound is on Wed. of course, there will be pictures!
Oh, and we have a name picked out..... BUT it makes me nervous to tell people b/c it's not "common". So I'll hold off on telling for a little while, until when I know that others opinions won't sway my decision. That may be soon, so be checking back!!


4 comments:
I cannot believe that view is only two hours away from you! What a great thing for you and Todd to take a weekend away for just the two of you--those won't come very often pretty soon!!
And don't worry for a second about what other people think about your baby's name. I am sure whatever you name him will be just right!
Agree with Deborah! :) (Hey why type it, when I can just say "agree." Have a wonderful December!!
We often talked about names for babies, and even if they sound different at first, that baby just becomes the name, or the name just becomes the baby. Either way, We will love, loving whoever pops out! : )
How nice! What a great idea to just travel a few hours up the road for a weekend getaway. That's something R and I seriously need to do, but it's hard if you have to board the dogs. And all the snow! Eek! I'm not ready for winter, yet.
Post a Comment