Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Registry

I tried to start a baby registry at a couple places and I'm getting stuck.  I thought that being around kids all day, always wanting to be a mom, and loving shopping for other babies in my life had TOTALLY prepared me for what I would need for my first child.

I was wrong.

I just don't know what to register for. Of course, a stroller, car seat, bottles, pacifiers.... etc.... but what brand?!?! there are so many choices. Then I wonder what I'm missing. 

Part of me thinks that babies don't need much. right? but I don't want to be in the house the day after the baby is born and with I had something!

So I'm asking for your help. What do you feel is the something you just couldn't do without!?! What brands are the best?

*Not sure if this is proper etiquette but my registries are at amazon.com and target.com if you want to look and see what I've forgotten to add. OR if you just want to look and see how I plan to decorate the nursery. :)

5 comments:

Deborah said...

I totally agree with your statement about babies not needing much.

Something that I wish I had had for all three of mine (but only had for Daniel) was my Moby Wrap.

I cannot wait to look at your registry!!

Jennifer said...

It's true that babies don't need much. I'd suggest a boppy for nursing (supports the baby and you can be almost hands free), and also a bumbo seat for when they're not quite ready to sit in the high chair but are ready to practice sitting (around 3-4 months old).

I went round and round on brands and stuff to get, and in the end it just doesn't matter. Best advice I can give is to look at customer reviews. That helped me tons.

Stefanie said...

I got nothin' for you. When I get preggers, I'll come to YOU for advice! You'll be an expert by then. :)

Rachel said...

We used Playtex Drop-ins for bottles, but that was personal preference. Abby had a lot of reflux issues, and those helped keep the air out. Dr. Brown's are good, too.

We used our Pack-n-play (Graco) for the bassinet in our room for the first several weeks, and then we had it for a bed/play area whenever we traveled.

My main recommendation: a swing!!! I don't think I could've survived without it! I'm still trying to figure out where in the world we will fit the swing when Logan gets here, but I'll sell some furniture if I have to just to make room... :)

If you're wanting to compare brands, visit www.consumersearch.com. We spent a LOT of time on this site. :)

Nicole B. Leasure-Guthridge said...

Dr. Brown's bottles were the best for us...Hunter had really bad gas and those fixed it in like a day. Definitely a good swing and I would get one that goes back and forth and side to side that also has like a cradle seat. Hunter's was just a seat and when he was super little he didn't feel very secure in it. I also looked at the customer reviews for things and that helped a lot. We also wore out our pack n play so definitely get a good one...I would also get one that has a changing table hooked to it cause a friend of mine has that and it's really nice.